3

The Date

Serenity was running all over her trying to find something to wear for her date with Bradley. He made it clear to the young woman that to keep the attire. Avery came into the room hearing the commotion from the living room. "Are you doing alright there Serenity?" Avery asked her. She shook her head no. "I can't find anything to wear and Bradley said to keep it simple." Serenity said with panic which caused Avery to chuckled. "Oh my goodness Serenity, you are acting like you are trying to pick out a damn wedding dress, but let me help." Avery said as she headed to Serenity's closet.

As Avery helped Serenity with her hair. "So How long you and Bradshaw known each other for?" Avery asked. "Since we were children, His dad flew together with my mom and dad plus Maverick." Serenity replied which caused Avery's eyes to widen. "That why I saw you had wide eyes, are they living well your father, I heard about your mother, I am sorry for your loss." Avery said. "Thank you, My father lost his life when I was a kid  few months after Bradshaw's father Goose did, As for my mother, I am lost and grieving still yet, when I fly, it's like my problems and grief disappear." Serenity said and Avery nodded. "That's how I feel, I lost my mother in a car accident when I was fifteen, I was close to her, when I needed my father, he bailed on me, I haven't spoken to him since, I had my grandmother but sadly she passed away a couple years ago, So I have been on my own, as for joining the navy, My mom always pushed for me to chase my dreams and I did, Now I have not Macy but you." She said with a smile which Serenity gave one back.

.....

Serenity looked at the mirror and smiled. She was wearing a yellow sundress with white sandal heels and her hair was curled. Her heart flutters over the fact she is going on a date with the man who has had her heart since she was a child.

Avery and Macy had left leaving her alone to think. Serenity thought back of the time her mother told her about the first date she had with her father, how they even kissed on the first day and he made everything so magical for her mom. "I wish you gotten to see me grow up dad. Goose, you have a wonderful son, I promise you I will take care of him." She said to herself. Then the door knocked and she took a breathe then smiled.

She opened the door to find Bradley standing there in his classic Hawaiian shirt with blue jeans holding a bouquet of Sunflowers, Sunflowers are Serenity's favorite flower. "Oh Bradley! Thank you, just let me put this in a vase real quick but please come in." She said to him as he nodded and gave her the flowers. She ran to the kitchen and put them in the vase. 

Bradley looked at the photo that she had on her wall, It was a photo of her mom when she was serenity's age. Bradley looked back at Serenity then back at the photo. "I'm ready sorry about that." Serenity said and Bradley shook his head "No worries also I am glad you like them, anyways shall we?" He asked her and she nodded.

..........

The date went according to Bradley's plan, They went to a Diner and just talked about their childhood and caught up on things when they were apart, but with everything, it was like they were never apart. Then he took her to Ice cream stand and got Ice cream, the thing is this was the same Ice cream shop that Serenity's Father took her mother. Bradley learned that from her mother a couple years back.

........

They were walking along the beach as she carried her heels. "You and those damn heels." Bradley said to her, she playfully hit his shoulder. "What, it went with my dress." She said sounding offended which caused Bradley to chuckle at the woman. Then he looked at her, "If you were trying to impress me there Ms. Lewis. You didn't have to because you already have me starstruck." Bradley said to the young woman which cause her heart to flip all over the place. She smiled at him and looked at him "What would I do without you." She said and He smiled.

He kissed the top of her head and she smiled. "Serenity, I can't let you go again." Bradley said to her, she looked up at him. "I don't think I can either."  She said which caused him to smile at her. Bradley looked at the sunset, she looked over at it too. "It's so beautiful." Serenity said. "I could say the same about you." Bradley replied which cause her cheeks to redden. "Bradley to keep it honest, I have loved you since we were kids." She said. He looked at her. "Really because same." Bradley said to her.

She smiled at him and "Let's see where we go from here but don't think I won't decline being your girl." She said to him. "I don't mind that." He said smiling at her as he kissed the top of her and they stared at the sunset.

.............

"Well here we are." Bradley said to her. Serenity looked at him. "I serious had a great time Bradley, that was the first time since my mother died." She said and then she pulled him into a hug. He held onto her. "I am sorry, I just miss her and I been having a really difficult time getting out this loop I have been in since she passed." Serenity explained as she felt him rubbing circles on her back. "Serenity you are fine, I was the same way when my mother died even my father." He said to her. She pulled away and smiled at him. "Serious, Thank you." She said to him, then she kissed his cheek which caused him to redden and her to giggle. "I will see you tomorrow." She said. "See you Serenity." He said as he walked off the porch and she shut the door. She chuckled.

"Tonight was truly magically." She thought 

....................

Author's Note

Well Another chapter a few hours later, I have been enjoying writing this and I hope you all having been loving this, I am also sorry that it's not long like the last chapter but I have been trying to make these chapter longer.