4

Don't even

Serenity couldn't stop thinking about the night before, it was truly magical,  As she was sitting beside Phoenix. "How was last night?" She whispered. Serenity smiled and said "It was amazing." Which caused Phoenix to smile. "I'm glad." She replied. Maverick made his way to front which everyone had their focus on him.

He stood in front of a monitor that displayed a flight simulation. "Phase one of the mission will be a low-level attack. You'll be flying along the narrow canyon walls to the target. The surface-to-air missiles defend the skies above, not the canyon below." He explained.

"That's because no one is insane enough to fly below." Rooster commented. "That's exactly what I'm going to train you to do." Maverick responded. He described the low altitudes and high speeds the pilots would be flying for today's simulation. It was an improvement from the actual altitude and speed required for the mission, but it was still worrying. No pilot had ever flown a mission like this before, not even Maverick.

"Time to target is two and a half minutes." "Holy shit." Serenity thought. "Fifth-generation fighter jets wait at a base nearby. You need to get in and you need to get out. This makes time your greatest adversary." Maverick explained.

..........

To say, nobody didn't succeed this phase of the training. Maverick looked at them and sighed then prodded them for reasons behind their mistakes.

Serenity's mind raced, she knew she had to go on this mission, to not make her mother proud but her father. She knew the way Maverick had been talking about this mission, this is a risky one.

"What happened?" Maverick questioned Hangman. "This should be a good one." Crow muttered loud enough where Hangman gave her a dirty look and she gave him back. Then he looked back at Maverick, with a prideful smirk evident on his face, "I flew as fast as I could. Kind of like my life depended on it." Hangman replied to Maverick. Crow scoffed while Tails rolled her eyes.

"Yeah and you put your team in danger and now your wingman is dead." Rooster criticized him. "They couldn't keep up." He replied. "This isn't a race who is the fastest pilot out there you know, the team is suppose to stick together...stick together to work together and to not only survive the mission but to succeed." Tails responded to Hangman and Everyone agreed with the woman even Maverick.

Maverick looked at both Tails and Rooster. "Why are you two dead?" He asked the both of them. "Maverick, these two were the only one who made it to the target." Dawn said. "A minute late, which gave time for the enemy aircraft to shoot them both down." Maverick responded.

"You don't know that."  Rooster argued. Hangman sighed. "You're not flying fast enough." He replied. "You aren't thinking smart enough." Crow spatted at Hangman which caused him to look at her. "Take picture there Bagman, it will last longer." Crow spatted at him. Maverick hushed Crow which caused her to huff. 

"Tails and I made it to the target." Rooster stated. "And superior enemy aircraft intercepted the both of you on your way out." Maverick stated as he looked at both Hangman and Rooster. "Then it's a dog fight." Rooster said and Tails sighed. "Against Fifth generation fighters?" Maverick questioned.

"We still have a chance sir." Rooster said not taking a defeat. "In a F-18?" Maverick questioned once more with rueful chuckle at him. "It's not the plane, sir. It's the pilot." Rooster replied. "Exactly!" Maverick flings back. Rooster looks at him for a moment and sighs in stress. "There's way more then just one way to fight on this mission." Tails's mind began circle in spiral

"You really don't get it do you?" Hangman turns his head back once again at Bradley. Crow clenched her jaw beside Dawn knowing he's about to say something stupid, someone is going to get pissed off. "This mission. A man like Maverick here or He doesn't come back." He looks over at Phoenix. "No offense." He winks at her. She scoffed. Crow looked at Tails, knew something was a wrong and Hangman would be the one to make her explode. "Is Tails alright?" Dawn whispered at Crow. "No, she looks stress.. hopefully that twat doesn't say something stupid to piss her off." Crow whispered back.