VII - Debutante

"Y/n Conklin." I say.

"Alright, have a seat at table two." I assume she's the deb director.

I go and sit at table two next to the girl Steven was on about last night. "Hi," I say with a smile as I sit down. The girls at the table say the same and ask me my name. "Y/n,"

I see Belly and Jeremiah walk in. Per usual Jeremiah is making a scene, but this time shirtless, at a nice deb tea. I'm not surprised.

He runs away with a small piece of food stolen from one of the tables.

Belly sits at the same table as me and introduces herself as well, her face is covered in 'help me I'm going to die this is so awkward.'

"Is that from the other night?" Steven's girl- Shayla, asks.

"Oh, this?" I touch the big purple bruise on my face. "Yeah," I timidly add.

"Here, maybe I can help." She pulls out makeup from her bag and dabs on a coverage. The bruise is pretty much good-as-gone.

"Thank you." I smile. She smiles back and nods.

***

All of the girls are talking at the table, mostly about how we weren't here because they wanted to be, they were here for there moms or colleges.

"What colleges are you looking into Y/n?" A girl asks.

"I mean obviously I have the big dream of going to an ivy college, but practically I'd say Boston University."

"Any reason why?" Nicole asks.

"Marine biology," I shyly smile.

"Dude that is so cool!" Another girl adds.

"And you Belly? What school's caught your eye?"

"Oh, Belly's only a sophomore. Right? I think that's what Conrad told me." Nice way to add in that you've been eating Conrad's face off Nicole, really thank you.

"Yeah, I-I'll be a junior in the fall." She stutters.

"Definitely old enough to be thinking about colleges, should've just let her answer." I fake smile at Nicole, bitch.

"So are you knew here in Cousins?" A girl asks.

"Uh- no, I've- we've been coming here out entire lives." Belly answers.

"Well Y/n I've seen before, I was asking you. Are you guys like buddies?" She asks.

"They're sisters. And like family friends with Conrad and Jeremiah." Nicole takes it upon herself to answer any question that she can stick Conrad into.

"Uh, so are you and Jeremiah, like, a-a thing, like are you gonna take him to the ball?" Gigi asks.

Belly starts choking on her food a little.

"OMG, back off, Geeg." Nicole laughs, making everyone else break out in giggles.

"It was just a question." She adds, obviously nervous.

"They're like basically related okay? You've got nothing to worry about." Nicole says.

Maybe when I marry Conrad I'll invite Nicole to the wedding just to show her that they have everything to worry about. The Fisher's are claimed.

I mean- Belly with Jeremiah. I think they've got something going on. Just to clarify.

"Gigi has had this thing for Jeremiah," Nicole starts.

"Ever since he got abs?" Shayla jokes towards Gigi. "Relax!" She says, noticing Gigi's guard going up. "I'm not into Jeremiah Fisher!"

"Right, and you're noticing his abs?" Gigi questions with attitude.

"Gigi calm down, she's too busy eye fucking the waiter."

"Dude, that's their brother!" Shayla motions at Belly and I.

"Oooh." The girls sound and laugh.

"Oh, gross.." Belly mumbles.

"Grosser for me." I add to Belly.

"Yeah right! he's my older brother it's way worse." She argues.

"He's my twin! That is so much worse, don't even!" I say.

Belly and I start fighting over who has it worse between Steven's love life.

"He's your twin?" Shayla covers her mouth with her hands. "Oh my God, I'm sorry." She says holding back a laugh. "I wouldn't have kissed him at the table if I knew!' She promises.

I laugh, "It's gross, but not a big deal." I squeeze my face like I just ate a sour lemon. The rest of the girls laugh too.

Paige, the deb director, goes on with a speech of how we probably think debs are dumb but how we are going to learn to love it. While she's talking the girls are passing around a flask.

"At each table, there is a big sister that is here to guide you through the season." Paige announces.

"Hey, little sis." Nicole winks at Belly.

Great, Nicole, of course she is. 

AND THEN- SHE ASKS BELLY IF SHE WANTS A SIP FROM THE FLASK.

If looks could kill, call me a murderer, and attend Nicole's funeral.

Belly notices my eyes, "No, thank you. I'll be right back." She shakes her head and rushes out of the room. I wonder why?

***

"Now say goodbye girls, and have a lovely rest of your day debs!" Paige waves us out of the tea room.