III - Bonfire

"First bonfire of the summaaaaa." Steven annouces.

Belly's in the pool talking to Conrad who just has his feet in. Literally why is she all around him today.

I shouldn't be jealous. She's my sister!

"All right we're totally taking my car." Jeremiah's words pull me from my focus, "You're not driving." He points to Steven. I laugh a little, at least someone else acknowledges how terrifying it is to be Steven's passenger.

"Come on man we're leaving." Steven motions Conrad to hurry it up.

"Can I come too?" Belly asks with a smile.

Steven and I answer opposite at the same time.

"Uh, yeah!" I scoff happily.

"Uh, no." Steven shuts down.

"Guys, she old enough this year!" I practically beg. "Bells should come."

"Yeah, I should come!" She adds.

"The moms are getting everything set up for your movie night." Jeremiah says.

I feel bad for Belly but there is definitely nothing I can do to sway the boys after Conrad pitches in with a, "See ya."

"Have fun with the moms." Steven sings. I flick his forehead for Belly's sake. I shoot her a sorry look and a, "Please save me a brownie." whisper over my shoulder before running off with the guys.

***

Fun fact about the yearly bonfire is the music is loud enough to blast your ears off.

"Y/n!" I hear Steven yell. "You know her?" He points over to a random girl who I, in fact, do not know.

"Nah," I shrug.

"Well do you wanna act like you do and introduce me?"

"Girl, meet Steven. Steven, meet girl." I say loud enough for only him to hear. I shake my head with a smile and shove him over in her direction.

A little to the left I see Con all on his own so I walk over. This is a good chance to talk.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey."

"Are all these yours?" I ask looking around at all the empty solo cups around him. He shrugs, so the answer is yes. "Dude, slow down. We don't need hungover Conrad getting all of us caught tomorrow."

"Simply do as I do, then it won't bother you." He suggests.

"Right, if I get blackout all my problems will be solved and never come back."

"I never agreed with the last part."

I laugh at his response. "Please, just slow it down." I say slowly taking the solo cup from him while he takes one last long chug.

"Hey Co- oh. Who's this Connie?" Some chick comes over and sits next to him, and by next to him I mean practically on his lap.

"Hi, Y/n." I say.

"Nicole." Her smile is so fake I could've imagined a better one.

"Well bye bye," I say but before I'm gone I add, "Connie." to the end of my sentence, only a hint of mocking could be caught in my tone. I think.

Her face said otherwise.

I swear I've only walked a few feet before I run into the other Fisher. "Connie?" He smiles. "Really?"

"Hey, I'm not the one who came up with it." I defend.

"Oh yeah? Who did?" He asks.

"That girl-" I turn around and of course she's gone, I seem crazy.

"Hmm, I don't see any girls around Conrad. Have you had too much to drink?" He eyes my drink. Or drunk, maybe crazy translates to drunk.

"No Jeremiah. Con did. This is his." I shake the cup a little.

"Sure.." He says, doing a very similar slow grabbing motion to take it just as I did to Conrad.

"I am not drunk!" I argue, handing the cup over.

Walking away from his laughing form felt like a loss for some reason.

Point, Jeremiah.

I wasn't lying either. I probably had half a cup so far. Honestly I should be doing better. With that I walk over to the drinks and grab one.

"Hey, girl." Some guy with bright green sunglasses has made me his girl of the hour.

"Hi,"

"What's got you over here all alone?" He asks.

"Just grabbing a drink." I awkwardly smile and divert my eyes. He doesn't take the hint, of course, and keeps talking.

My eyes wandering to Conrad again, this time the girl is there. I just watch. Sunglasses guy has proven to be very helpful, since my light 'mhmms' make me seem like I'm actually doing something other than spying on Conrad.

But that's exactly what I'm doing. Spying on him and that stupid girl in the stupid hat.