30

Month of dhul Hajj

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Among the great seasons of worship are the first ten days of Dhu'l-Hijjah, which Allaah has favoured over other days.

Allaah says:

At-Taubah 9:36

‎إِنَّ عِدَّةَ ٱلشُّهُورِ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ ٱثْنَا عَشَرَ شَهْرًا فِى كِتَٰبِ ٱللَّهِ يَوْمَ خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ مِنْهَآ *أَرْبَعَةٌ حُرُمٌۚ* ذَٰلِكَ ٱلدِّينُ ٱلْقَيِّمُۚ فَلَا تَظْلِمُوا۟ فِيهِنَّ أَنفُسَكُمْۚ

Indeed, the number of months with Allaah is twelve [lunar] months in the register of Allah [from] the day He created the heavens and the earth; *of these, four are sacred.* That is the correct religion [i.e., way], so do not wrong yourselves during them.

In the above aayah Allaah says that, 4 months are sacred.

And from those 4 one of the month is Dhul hijjah.

Abu Bakar (رضي الله عنه ) reported that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

"The year is twelve months of  which four are sacred, the three consecutive months of Dhu'l-Qa'dah, *Dhu'l-Hijjah* and Muharram, and Rajab Mudar which comes between Jumaada and Sha'baan."

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2958).

→so, dhul hijjah is among the sacred month..

Allaah says by Swearing

Al-Fajr 89:2

وَلَيَالٍ عَشْرٍ

And [by] ten nights

Ibn 'Abbaas, Ibn al-Zubayr, Mujaahid and others of the earlier and later generations said that this refers to the first ten days of Dhu'l-Hijjah.

Ibn Katheer said: "This is the correct opinion."

(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 8/413)

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐
*Fasting on this month*

All questions will be cleared here in sha'a Allaah.

*why should I fast?*

It is Sunnah for the Muslim to fast on the first nine days of Dhu'l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (ﷺ) encouraged us to do righteous deeds in the first ten days of Dhu'l-Hijjah, and fasting is one of the best of deeds, which Allaah has chosen for HIMself as it says in the hadeeth qudsi:

"Allaah says: 'All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it."

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1805.

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu'l-Hijjah. It was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife, that one of the wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu'l-Hijjah and the day of 'Ashoora', and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays.

Narrated by al-Nasaa'i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawood; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/462.

*is it fasting 10 days Or 9*

The hadees which is there it indicates to fast nine days

From dhul hijjah 1 till dhul hijjah 9 we've to fast and 10 of dhul hijjah that is  9th of July I think will be eid in sha'aa Allaah.

And regarding  fasting on eid it's haram.

hadeeth of Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him): "He [the Prophet (ﷺ )] forbade fasting on the day of (Eid) al-Fitr and the day of al-Nahr (the day of sacrifice, i.e., Eid al-Adha)."

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 1992; Muslim, 827.

The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is haraam to fast on these days.

Righteous deeds on these ten days are better than on others.

With regard to fasting, that should only be done on nine of them; the tenth day is the day of Eid when it is haraam to fast.

Based on this, what is meant by the virtue of the ten days of Dhu'l-Hijjah is fasting nine days only, even though they are called ten days.

See Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi, hadeeth no. 1176.(islamqa.com)

*Can i fast only on yawm al Arfa' if I can't fast all the days*

Yes.

Reward:

Prophet  ﷺ  said.

"It expiates the sins of the past year and the coming year."

(Muslim)

The Prophet (ﷺ) also said:

"There is no day on which Allaah frees people from the Fire more so than on the day of 'Arafah. He comes close to those (people standing on 'Arafah), and then He reveals before His Angels saying, 'What are these people seeking."  (Muslim)

***********************************

Assalamu alaykum 😊🧡

Please if you have any questions or any corrections you can tap in comment section or Dm me 😊

Jazakumullah khar 🧡