Chapter 10

'Hey Wise Girl.' I signed, and Annabeth waved to me. I've been teaching the group some basic sign language, so they could interact with me a bit better.
"So, who's the girl?" Annabeth asked, looking around.
I managed to push Piper in front of me, and she immediately put her head in her hands.
"Piper!?" Annabeth was clearly surprised. I was surprised that Piper was so nervous about this.
"H-hey Annie." Piper stuttered, very  clearly nervous.
"Hey Pipes! I hope you don't mind, I ordered food before you got here. Their Red Velvet cupcakes are to die for! I mean not literally but-" she paused when she noticed Piper laughing, and me chuckling. "Nevermind, you know what I mean." She finished.
"I'll order for me and Percy, then we can find a seat?" Piper asked, looking at us both. We both nodded.
'Uhm... Just, get me whatever you get?' I signed. Now I was the nervous one.
"Y-yeah, of Course Perce. I'll be right back." Piper said, laughing.
I followed her, because Annabeth followed her and I was honestly nervous to be alone in a place I've never been before with strangers.
"Hey! How are you? Uhm... Can I get 2 of the small, one piece fun-fetti cakes?" Piper said, cheerfully as always.
"Yes, I'll get that right in for you. Do any of your friends want to order anything? And thank you, I'm doing well, people don't normally ask how I'm doing." The girl behind the counter said, then quickly stopped as she realized how much she was talking.
"Oh, no thank you! I'm ordering also on behalf of the boy, and the girl already ordered." Piper replied.
"Oh alright!" The girl behind the counter said, then looked at me like she'd seen me before. "Wait a minute. I swear I've seen you from somewhere before!" She exclaimed, still keeping her voice down.
'Is your name Hazel?' I signed, because if it was her, she would know sign language.
"Yes?" She said sceptical.
'If you know me, it would be from playdates. Our parents would have been friends. My mother was Sally Jackson. I'm Percy. Ring any bells?' I signed.
"Omg! Now I remember! Yes! And you taught me sign language during our visits. He's a really good teacher." Hazel said, looking at the girls.
"We should exchange numbers, so we can hang out!" Annabeth suggested, pulling out her phone.
"Sure, give me your phone, I'll put in my number!" Hazel said, taking the phone from Annabeth.
"Anyways, you guys should probably go sit down now, more people are coming in. Your order should be out shortly! Thank you for buying!" She ended with a super happy uptight voice, like she was annoyed to be their. We heard her talk in the same tone to the next people in line as we left to go find a table.

I hope this is good! I didn't want to much in this chapter so that the story can be longer. The next chapter with have Pipabeth's 'date'. Also I just wanna say I love imagining Hazel working at a cafe. I just think it's really cute.