~ Chapter 5 ~

Year: 3205

The Military Academy

Blaze:            
 At this point, I don't know what I'm supposed to say, think or feel. The only thing I seem to know for sure is that I'm standing on my own. The only person I can truly rely on is myself because honestly, I don't see who's going to have my back when I need them to. It won't be the person I thought.

            He's become so secretive these past couple of months. He hasn't let me in on anything inside his head. The only reasonable explanation is that he knows something that he keeps away from me. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I want to torture him to death and have him tell me, but I know that's not the right way. The Grand Master probably would've, but I'm not him and I don't intend on becoming him either. I just...I don't know a damn thing anymore. I don't know who I can trust, who I can rely on. I mean, I talk to Ember and actually fine, but it's not the same. She doesn't know any of the things that Breeze and I were discussing before even coming here.

            The time wandering through the maze of thoughts inside my head has led me to walk down this corridor that I don't even know. The second thing that I notice is that my hands are on fire. The frustration is pretty expressive to say the least. I look around me making sure there's no one around me before I just burst out my flames at the wall on my right.

            When I stop, I'm hoping that that overwhelmed feeling is gone. I expect to feel lighter from all of the thoughts dominating my mind. I expect to feel a little less weighed down than what I was when I saw Breeze and his precious 'new partner'. Except I don't. When I take that deep breath and expect to feel lighter, I don't. Nothing changes. I'm still feeling the heaviness, fear and anger that I did before.

            I stare at the wall for a moment before I back slightly off until I hit the wall on the other side and slide down until I hit the floor. I place my hands on my lap in front of me and look at them for a moment. It's almost like I don't recognize them. It feels like I'm looking at someone else's hands and not mine, but it doesn't make any freaking sense! Why am I feeling this way?! Of course these are my hands. They're attached to my freaking body.

            I know something's going on with me. I remember the first time I met the Grand Master. I felt like he was already trying to do something with me and during these past two months, I've felt different than I've ever been. The Grand Master tried to get inside my head and I'm pretty sure I denied him access for good back then...at least I think I did. If there's one person I actually should be mentioning this to, it's Breeze. The thing is though, I don't know if I can trust him.

            On the wall opposite to me, I see this big, black mark. I just sit here staring at it. It feels so familiar for some reason...as if it symbolizes something. I sense in my chest that my element wants to burst out at something or anything that tries to disturb the silence. However, I want this silence to be broken. I don't want to spend so much time inside my head. This maze inside my head is just a real pain because every time I wander around in there, I don't seem to know what to do, to think or to say. I need distractions...

            "Hey, is there anywhere down there?" I suddenly hear as my eyes burst open. A slight shiver runs down my spine as I move slightly towards the edge of the wall as I see a flashlight turning back and forth, from left to right, right to left. There's no point in wondering who he's looking for. It's me. I almost contemplate on running away, but I'm too guttered to get up on my feet even when the light finally hits me. I can't be bothered any less as I turn my eyes up towards the Senior that stands in front of me.