~ Chapter 14 ~

Year: 3205
The Military Academy

Grand Master Vulcano:
"A crystal in the sword's core?" I ask. Though I expected Master Storm to manage his little mission with success, it seems this Senior Fall, or whoever he really is, is more unpredictable than I thought. I can never be too certain of what his true motives are apart from protecting the two Elementals that Pool brought here. Senior Fall seems to have given up Blaze though. What seems to be the case is that he doesn't have the abilities to fight the hold I already have on her. It will only be a matter of time before she fully embraces the support I've offered.

"Yes, Grand Master. It was radiating a light blue color as if it contained a life force of some kind." Master Storm mentions. I turn thoughtful for a moment. My dead brother comes to mind. He was smarter than I probably ever gave him credit for while he was still alive. No matter what, he always made plans in case of emergencies. He knew that when he came here, he would probably die. He knew he wouldn't ever live to see earth ever again. That means he must've had some kind of insurance that he left behind for Breeze. He was prepared.

"It seems that I may have underestimated my brother." Master Storm gives me a confused look. "Thinking about it, my brother didn't make much of an attempt to fight back Blaze when I controlled her to throw her flames at him. He didn't want to hurt her, which was partially why, but it also seemed as though he didn't really have an element to fight with." Storm turns thoughtful. "So you're suggesting he had his element drained from himself and that's what that crystal contains?" He asks. "It is the only thing that makes sense. The crystal stabilized the boy's weapon, and at some point, I suspect the boy is meant to inherit those powers."

I get up on my feet. "We need to find this Martian and immobilize him. He'll probably be more careful after your encounter, but we cannot waste any more time. We've wasted too much already." I turn my head towards him. "I would love to fulfill that wish for you, Grand Master, but he's a Martian. He has super-speed powers which tends to make him hard to catch." Master Storm answers. "His speed is indeed a problem. We need to slow him down." I let out, agreeing with Master Storm. Master Storm has been adamant on this Martian's major threat, and now we have to eliminate it.

"How do you suggest we do that?" I cross my arms for a moment, deep in thought. I actually want to have a good look at this Martian myself if I am honest. I want to find out who he is. He was clearly a friend of my brother and I want to know for how long. "We make our threats a reality. We remind him and the boy that we are not messing around with our threats." I look up at Master Storm. "Patrol the halls. Send the Seniors to their chambers. I don't want any chance of disturbance." I command.

Blaze:
When I open my eyes and sit up from the poor mattress I sleep on, I feel uneasy. I am all alone in here in terms of people that I actually know. Breeze is still at the hospital, considering that duel happened yesterday. I'm assuming that Rain is there with him and that Ember is there too. Ember has been trying to figure out what Rain and Breeze are holding back from us. She hasn't been able to figure it out, but she's a patient one. I'll at least give her that much. I have given up on the other hand. I've given up on trying to get Breeze or even his brother Rain to tell me something. I want to know what they're not telling us...or more to the point, not telling me.

These thoughts are not the reason I'm up though. There's a stabbing pain in the back of my head that's bothered me for the last half hour or so. I don't know what's happening, but I know that I don't like it. I recognize it too. It happened to me earlier and now it's happening again. It almost feels like something inside me is waking up and tries to take over my body. "You need to fight it!" A sudden voice urges me. "You can't let him win! You need to fight him!" Him? Who? The voice, in the way it speaks sounds familiar. It's almost like I recognize the person, but the voice sounds so contorted that I can't place it.