~ Chapter 7 ~

Year: 3205

The Military Academy

Blaze:

"You know, despite of the fact that I'm your Grand Master, you are allowed to talk. I don't bite a talking human-being." You mean, you don't bite hard. "Not at all..." He answers straight away to the thought in my head as we enter his office. I'm caught slightly off-guard that he entered my mind so easily. It unnerves me. I sense my heartbeat rise into a million beats a minute (unlikely, I know). When he sits down behind his desk, I find him smiling at me. As I sit down, it dawns upon me, like it did only moments ago. He read my thoughts again!

"As amusing as it is to read your mind, young Elemental, I'd prefer it if you just spoke your mind to me. I don't want to continue intruding your personal space..." He says. You mean mind? He nods weakly again as if I did speak those words aloud. I sit down in front of him and I catch him looking at me, assessing me. "You know, you remind of the Super-Senior of the Northern Academy. We started like this as well. Funny how I don't really miss him, isn't it?" I make sure to point out.

An uncomfortable smile spreads across his face as he nods to himself, amused by my words it seems. It's actually kind of weird when I think about it. I imagined him to be this super-villain with a stone-cold face and an attitude that could kill if it wanted to, but if anything, he just strikes me as a normal person. "I am very normal, I can assure you that. I do however wonder why I would strike you as a super-villain with a stone-cold face and attitude?" He questions. I don't answer him for a moment.

"I can only assume that Senior Pool left you with that impression. I assure you there's nothing supernatural about my personality, only that it is different than Pool's. He never knew of half of the things I've had to balance at the same time to keep our civilization moving. All he ever had to worry about was his two precious students: you and Breeze." He goes on. Past-tense. "Why are you talking about him in past-tense?" My heart pounds inside my chest and he looks at me rather surprised. Like genuinely surprised.

"Your partner hasn't told you, has he?" He asks after a while as he comes to some sort of realization. "Tell me what?" I'm not actually surprised. Breeze hardly tells me anything these days. He's been quiet and more to the point, distant. Whenever I've mentioned something about Pool's return to the base, which I'm constantly waiting for, Breeze turns quiet. "I sent Senior Pool on an assignment a while back regarding the incident that took place two months ago. He had a lead and I told him to pursue it."

I don't like where this is going. It's like I already know where this ends. I get uncomfortable on the chair. I'm gulping loudly because I almost know what's coming next. "I'm sorry to say that the person who did this, had no intentions of being found or being brought to justice." He goes on and I immediately sense the pain and anger hit my chest hard. I'm about to lose it. I can sense it. My grip on the chair's support fasten and they generate such an intense heat that they start to melt off.

"I was sorry to inform your partner that Pool was burned to death. I would've thought Breeze brought this to your attention considering how you've stood by each other since you arrived here." I'm confused. Why didn't he tell me?! I let out inside my head, but I'm pretty sure the Grand Master heard it. He just keeps his eyes on me for a moment as I sense the anger boil inside of me. "I know that look. If I may say it, it's quite a dangerous one. You are out for blood, his blood specifically." He goes on. Damn right I am!

"Well, can you blame me for that? He's been lying to my face for the past two months! I've been talking about how I've been waiting for Pool to come back and Breeze's known the whole time..." I let out as I notice that my hands are on fire. The Grand Master has kept his calm in the middle of all this, but I didn't notice that I even ignited them. "Perhaps he was afraid of that? He probably knows that you lack control of your temper and decided that it was for the best of the both of you if he didn't tell you. Of course the longer he waited, the worse it would be so he probably never intended on telling you in the end."