~ Chapter 2 ~

Year: 3205
The Military Academy

Breeze:
             It happened again. I can't seem to get that moment out of my head. It appears in my head the same way that you would feel a sudden stab in your chest. The moment when you hear or see a human-body turn to dust, the moment that you see your own friend and Elemental partner, burn your Senior to the unrecognizable. The worst part about it all is that she doesn't even know what she's done so I can't tell her about what's actually bothering me. I can't share my dreams or struggles...I have to lock her out of my head because if I do share it with her, I'll also be sharing it with him – the person responsible.

            Of course, it doesn't take a genius to see that something's going on. Aqú has pointed it out that if one looks close enough, one will see that something's bothering me so it was only a matter of time before Blaze mentioned it. She's not stupid at all. It's been two whole months since everything happened, and during the first month, she kept asking what was going on inside my head. She noticed that I was locking her out and she wanted to know why. I never gave her a straight-forward answer. I just kept on locking her out while she was standing right in front of me.

            Eventually, during this past second month, she's given up. It's like she doesn't even care about what's going on, which on one side is good because blocking someone out takes up a lot of energy, but at the same time I find myself wishing that she tried harder, that she didn't give up because normally I know she isn't a quitter. She's supposed to be such a pain that I eventually just tell her to make her shut up about it. However, I am slightly afraid about what will happen if I do, but then again...the longer I keep this from her, the worse that reaction is going to get.

            After the second night down in the armory, the Seniors moved all of us over to a more suitable area for a larger amount of Elementals to be spending their nights. It didn't take as long as most of us thought. Who would want a bunch of Elementals sleeping down in the armory in the first place? Blaze and I are still sticking to Rain and Ember, but we're split in who we choose to spend our time with. I spend more time with my own brother than Ember, while Blaze seems to connect more with Ember. I'm guessing it's got something to do with them being girls...I don't really know.

            I'm careful about my surroundings, that's for sure. I talk a lot with Aqú, whom I can tell anything and everything to, and my brother, whom I can almost tell anything to. He doesn't know about Senior Pool being dead or the fact that Blaze was manipulated by the Grand Master to kill him. I don't even know if I should. I'm afraid that it'll put him in danger and I don't want to be responsible for that. However, he's good at dragging those things out of me, so I'm guessing that's only a matter of time.

            Right now, I'm sitting up on the mattress, slightly looking over at Blaze who's holding the melted necklace in her open hand next to her head. I remember how I found it in what was left of Senior Pool's hand after Blaze burned him to dust. She thought she had lost it. She 'woke up' from her sleep and she thought she had lost it, but I placed it right next to her mattress after returning from the site. She must've had some thoughts about her necklace being so burned and nearly ruined when it just lied there right next to her, especially if she doesn't remember anything. I haven't asked her about it though. I've tried to enter her mind, but she's more guarded than ever, even against me. But, I fear that there's a certain someone that can still breach her blockades.

            I can't keep sitting here, rambling on with my thoughts. This happens every night. If I try to just lie back down, I'm not gonna sleep so I usually take a walk. I carefully sneak out of my bed, grab my boots and sneak my way down this open area, clear of beds before I get to the door, sneak out and stop by one of the hallways. This is where I always put my shoes on before I keep on walking. They are noisy bastards that's for sure so I've got to be careful with them. Usually there's nobody here so I put them on and start walking.