~ Chapter 13 ~

Year: 3205
The Military Academy

Master Elemental Storm:
The area where the Elementals store the weapons are usually be filled with Elementals who try to improve them. At this time of day, they don't have access to the place. They're all supposed to be sleeping. Even if they're not, I don't need to explain myself for inspecting one of them. The matter to the case is I prefer to be doing this without the eyes and ears of the wrong people. There are some Seniors who are patrolling the area, making sure that there are no unwelcome guests lurking around the halls. They can't come and question my motives. It's the kind of power my position holds.

I get to the weapon's section and find Breeze's locker. I use my element and manipulate the air inside the lock to open up the locker, not leaving a single trace. As it opens, I grab the handle that Elemental Breeze has spent most of his time working on. I take a good look at it. I know I have to deconstruct it to find out where the real power of this wind-sword is. I look around, not seeing anybody before I grab one of the tools I brought along to open the handle up. There seems to be some sort of crystal in it, giving away a light blue color. Before I get to touch it however, a sudden blur appears. In one moment, it's in my hand, the next it's gone.

"I think I'm going to enjoy this moment and say, 'too slow'. It falls perfectly into place, don't you think?" I turn around to see Senior Fall with Breeze's weapon in his hand. "I almost wish I didn't see you here right now...almost. I've been waiting for a lazy excuse to humiliate you..." He starts. "...or just beat the crap out of you and kill you. Either way I'd have a lot of fun...you wouldn't." My first instinct is not to let his words get to me. "You think that's how it's going to down, Martian? You're all alone in here. Your one ally is a kid who's no match for the forces he's messing with."

As much as I feel like I sounded confident saying those words, he doesn't look too affected by it. He looks down at the weapon for a moment. A smile appears on his face. "You are one of far too many people who underestimate his true powers. You think the little crystal made everything happen in that session? You think this crystal did all of it?" Senior Fall takes out the crystal piece and shows it to me. It might look small, but there's far more power to it than what one would think at first sight. He hides in one of his pockets. "You and the Grand Master are stupider than I thought. I only made one small adjustment. The power was all in him. Would be horrific to see you mess with forces you don't know."

"You have no authority here, Martian. You and whoever it is you're working with outside of here are messing with the wrong people. We will end you...all of you." He doesn't seem to be the kind of person that threatens easily. You could probably threaten him with anything and he wouldn't flinch. "It's funny how you call us the 'wrong people'. One never really messes with the 'right people' when one gets somebody on their bad side. You might be right on a few things: I am alone in here, but out there...boy, you and your precious Grand Master are hilariously outnumbered."

He throws the weapon back to me. It's empty of the object I found interest in investigating further. I catch it and immediately place it back in its locker. "I guess there's nothing worthy of your interest anymore with his sword." Senior Fall mentions. I turn towards him, smashing the locker shut with my element. "Oh, wait, did I anger you? I guess you're entitled. I did just rob you of an interesting discovery on your own. It's just none of your business really." He casually turns his back towards me and starts walking away. On impulse, I throw a powerful wind-punch his way. It's such a powerful hit that it knocks him down on one knee.

When he turns around to face me again, he looks slightly disappointed. "I know you are the villain and all, but really? In the back? Acting as tough as you have during this conversation, I thought you'd at least have the decency of doing that while we were still standing face to face." He answers, brushing the dust off his uniform. "I don't have to play by any rules with you, Martian. You don't belong here. You're not one of us, humans. If I really wanted to, you'd be dead right now." He crosses his arms on his chest, taking a few steps towards me. "He hasn't given you that order yet, has he? Pisses you off, doesn't it?"