⤷ 𝟜𝟝,, 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕖

"i like you"

the smile that was on your face falls off your face in an instant. you widen your eyes and your mouth falls open in shock.

well that was the last you would expect coming from him.

from akaashi.

your best friend from tokyo, the one that rejected you–

did he really just say that he likes you?

akaashi doesn't seem to not understand what's going on with you. he's still looking at you as if nothing happened.

you're sure you heard that wrong.

"w-what?"

you're confused, so damn confused—

"i like you, y/n," akaashi says again.

you stare at him with your e/c eyes, still in shock. no, he doesn't mean that. he doesn't like you. there's no way that akaashi likes you.

he knew you were over him—

he doesn't.

words from a couple weeks ago flash through your mind as you stare at the boy in front of you.

i'm over him, guys. i've told you all before. it's not going to happen, never.

you shake your head as you think back to that day.

your friends had seen you texting and calling akaashi a couple of times, and assumed that you two must like each other now. but no, you were just friends, ever since you came home from tokyo after your weird trip that time before the new year.

and all that texting meant for your friends that he must like you back, and that you must still like him a little bit.

which was, in fact, not true at all (so you thought).

but now he's standing here, in front of you, confessing to you.

confessing that he likes you.

you weren't mentally prepared to get confessed by the one that rejected you months ago during summer.

so how come you ended up here? how come you ended up in this mess of a love that could once be something? in a love where you confessed and he rejected, but now he confessed and you have to reject him?

just simply because your heart belongs to someone else?

"i–" you mumble, shaking your head. "i don't understand, akaashi. how can you like me? you rejected me during summer."

he nods, "i know. but the truth is," he says, then looking back at you. his blue eyes meet your e/c ones.

"i regret saying no to you that time."

you gulp and your eyes widen.

is he serious?

no, no. no no no. no way—

"wait," you start, eyes still on him. "does that mean that you liked me too during that time? that you rejecting me for nothing?"

he nods slowly while you try to process what the hell is happening right now.

you feel like the room around you is spinning and honestly, you wish you could run out of the twins' house and back home. you wish you could just get away from there and forget this ever happened and never speak about this ever again.

but you have no idea where in the room you are as it's dark, and the only light that's shining is the one in the corner, the one that lights just enough so you can see akaashi.