⤷ 𝟙𝟙,, 𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕖

"look who i brought along to spend lunch break with us!"

you, suna, haruko, and osamu look up. there you see something you never thought you would ever see.

"you brought kaykay to lunch with you?"

"yes! they don't have many friends so i thought why not have them join us."

"speak about characters development," suna mumbles, and you chuckle at his words. you place your hand on your mouth so you won't chuckle too much.

"that's great. take a seat," osamu says, pointing at the place in front of you.

"thanks! what were you guys talking about before we joined?"

kaykay smiles and looks at you and haruko. "oh, uh," haruko mumbles, then looking at you. "i don't know?"

you pat his arm and turn to kaykay. "we were talking about our science project. we're doing ours together. how's class with tsumu?"

kaykay chuckles. "it's funny. he even admitted to not liking me at first and now doing so. we then talked quite a bit and he invited me over for lunch with you guys. i hope i'm not too much, because i can be sometimes."

haruko laughs at their words, "ah, no worries. you might lighten up the table once in a while as two of us aren't lively at all."

"oh dang i wonder who those two are," suna says sarcastically. "screw you, haru. you have no right of speaking you youngster."

"did suna just say youngster?"

"i wish i recorded that."

there's now bickering going around from atsumu and osamu who are arguing about who would've recorded that sentence from suna the best. (honestly no one knows why they do, but they're brothers, that's what you do, arguing over nothing).

"you guys seem fun," kaykay says, taking a bite from their sandwich. "i wish i had friends like this from where i'm from."

"oh, where are you from?" you ask them

"tokyo," they answer. "i went to itachiyama institute. school was fine, but honestly nekoma and fukurōdani always seemed more fun to me. and now i'm here."

you and haruko look at each other. "oh! you know fukurōdani academy?"

kaykay nods as they take another bite, "yeah, they're the second representatives of the tokyo prefecture. itachiyama institute is the first, and nekoma the third," they say with their mouth full.

"we have friends that attend fukurōdani academy and play for the volleyball team! bokuto and akaashi, do you know them?"

kaykay shakes their head. "not particularly. what position do they play?"

you smile, "akaashi is the starting setter for their team and bokuto is their ace. he's also the captain and has number four on his shirt."

"i might've seen them then. i've played against them a couple of times, so i guess if i'll see them i recognize them!" kaykay says with a nod. "that's awesome."

"it really is! kinda funny how you've seen them. the world sure is small."

they chuckle after they swallowed their food. "for sure! man, they always seem so fun to be in a team with though! my parents sent me to itachiyama, but whenever we had to play those two teams i always wished i was in theirs. being the best team isn't always easy."

"you were setting for sakusa?"

atsumu chimes in upon hearing about kaykay's previous high school before they moved to hyōgo.