Epilogue: 2 Years Later

2 years later

Warm wind at my foot started to pull me into consciousness as I snuggled closer to warmth in front of me. It had been two years, since we wed. And one year had passed since my last... celestial incident. So, I was in a wonderous mood.

I blinked my eyes open and was met with a wall of skin. Looking around, I giggled when I realized I had been cuddled up to Owens face, with one leg draped atop the side of his nose. I couldn't help but smile contently as I leaned back onto the pillow to stretch. I had fallen asleep on the couch last night, completely enraptured with an 'episode' on the Travel channel that took me around the Island of Ireland.

How did I not wake up when he moved me upstairs?  I sighed, huffing out a yawn as I sat up adjusting my night-dress. I tittered contently and poked his forehead as my stomach fluttered about with happiness. One year since my last celestial incident. I was in a great mood, and happier than I had ever thought possible given my recent trials with my celestiality; Still no closer to figuring out control.

I looked down at Owen as he began to stir with a groan, when movement further below me caught my eye. I giggled and rolled away swiftly as Owens tired hand sought me out.

"Mm-Ri"? He mumbled groggily as his hand patted the pillow next to his face. He slowly squinted open his eyes, lifting his head to look for me, only to find me sitting at the other end of the pillow trying to cover my giggles. I was in a mood.

When his soft gaze found mem, he smiled tiredly and reached up for me with a whine, "m-m come back".

I squeaked playfully and ducked, sliding off the pillow to avoid his hand; my giddiness giving me abnormally fast speed in the early morning. I landed on the mattress on my feet before falling forward onto my hands and knees with a laugh. His hand and arm froze in confusion as he looked down at me with a tired smirk.

"What're you doing", he complained playfully, his voice slowly losing its sleepy grain. I stood up and brushed off my dress, the slide down the pillow made my loose satin gown statically cling to my body.

"I think Meeks once called it 'playing hard to catch'". I chuckled, conjuring my wings.

He rolled his eyes plopping his arm and head back down on his pillow. "I don't think she was explaining a game".

I shrugged, "It sounds like a fun game to me". My eye widened and I shot into the air with a burst of giggles as his hand sprung out to grab me, just barely missing me.

He turned over to stretch with a wild smile before looking back up to me, only to see that I was slowly floating backwards towards the door.

"Really"? He said, propping himself up on his elbows.

I stopped in a hover and shrugged teasingly. "I wouldn't want to play either, if I knew I'd lose". His jaw dropped for only a moment as his eyes sparked with mischievous fervor.

"Why you little—", He shot out of bed with a laugh grabbing pants from the day before, knowing full well he wouldn't know where this chase would lead.

I dove out of the room with a squeal and a deep laugh. I glanced back mid-dash to see him trip into the hallway trying to put on his shoes. I paused at the bottom of the stairs, covering my laugh when I saw him catch himself against the wall. I hovered there for a moment the and watched him look at me with a relieved huff before he sprinted down the stairs after me. I dove through the air and towards the table, landing underneath it and hiding against its middle frame.

I peeked around and watched his shoes walk past me. A vigorous giggle escaped my lips before I slapped hand over my mouth. But it had already given away my position. In an instant, he fell to the ground, crawling after me under the table as I ran. I belted out in jeering laughter, hearing the thundering ruckus behind me. The bench and chairs knocking against the table, tipping over, and hitting the ground as he fervidly followed me.