The First Steps

*Evening*
Ryukin was with both the Midoriyas for dinner. When it was all said and done, Ryukin helped out where he could and was about to make his way out. He was stopped by Inko.

Inko: Ryukin-san, you sure you don't want to stay?

Ryukin: No, I don't wanna be bother obasan. If there's nothing else I can help with, I'll be heading out, thank you.

Inko looks at Ryukin with concern as the boy the leaves. Ryukin walks through the streets and notices the buildings. They were run down, the streets were littered with garbage.

Ryukin: *Was it that bad around here? Where are the heroes?*

While walking, Ryukin overheard an argument. It was between a man and woman.

Man: You're gonna make this right. You're not leaving until you do.

Woman: Please I don't have a lot. I can maybe do insurance.

Man: I don't give a shit about insurance. Cash.

Woman: Please I can accept responsibility, but if you're not willing to help me, I only have four dollars.

Man: Don't fuck with me, take out the wallet.

The man grabs the woman by her collar. Ryukin immediately tried to intervene. The two get into a brawl. Ryukin was able to knock the man down but not without suffering a busted lip and nose. Before anything could happen, he was stopped by a hero.

???: Stop where you are.

Ryukin turned and faced the hero. He recognized him, it was Eraserhead. He wiped the blood from his face and gave a scorned look.

Ryukin: Can I help you?

Eraserhead: Did you do this?

Ryukin: Yeah so what about it?

Eraserhead: It was stupid and brash, you're not a hero. Don't pretend to be one either.

Ryukin: Stupid? I helped a woman who was getting muscled by some random thug! I helped out!

Eraserhead: It's not your job to! Leave to the heroes next time!

Ryukin: Where were the heroes? There are no heroes in this part of town! Besides I don't have a quirk so what does it matter?

Eraserhead: That you don't need to worry about. *sighs* Since you're quirkless I can't legally bring you in for vigilante behavior. But that doesn't mean, other people won't be out for you.

Ryukin balls his fist but begins to walk away. He makes it back to his hiding place and sits on his cot. He looks at the photo of him and Midoriya and then he opens it. Hidden behind it was a small photo of him and his father.

Ryukin: I did the right thing, right pops? They didn't come back then, but you were always there. So why can I do the same?

He sits and what Eraserhead said earlier really rung in his head.

"It's not your job to! Leave to the heroes next time! You're not a hero. Don't pretend to be one either."

Ryukin closes his eyes and tries to remember what his father used to tell him.

*Flashback*
A much younger Ryukin was over the phone with his father.

Osamu: You don't want to do what I do.

Takechi: Why not, why can't I be like you?

Osamu: I fight so that you don't ever have to worry about anything. Y'know, I want you to be able to be well off.