05

RILEY

RILEY

I wake up the next morning with a horrible headache

I wake up the next morning with a horrible headache. I really don't want to go to school. That would mean I'd have to face Heather after what happened yesterday.

I have to go to school though. I get out of my bed and get myself ready. It doesn't take that much. Sort of fix my brown hair, brush my teeth and I'm done. Super easy.

I then walk downstairs and wait for my mom, after a moment she walks out of her bedroom.

"Alright. You ready to go, sweetie?"

I nod and follow her out to the car.

On the way to school, I stare out the window. It's not raining like it was yesterday. When we get to the school, I say goodbye to my mother and get out of the car.

I know Heather is probably going to immediately come talk to me. Not something I'm looking forward to. I walk over to Jamie once I'm in the school.

"Hey, what's up?"

I shrug.

"Just waiting for someone."

Jamie tilts her head but doesn't question me. Soon, Kirrie joins us. Which is cool I guess, we're kind of becoming friends.

Dylan walks in and I watch as she walks over to us. She's wearing a dress and converses. She looks nice. She also looks kind of nervous though.

"Nice outfit!"

I say, hoping it helps a bit.

She looks down at her shoes.

"Thanks."

Heather sneaks up on me before I could say anything more.

"Riley! What are you doing over here?"

She grabs my arm tightly.

"Why don't you come over here with me? You know, your girlfriend?"

She pulls me by the arm but not as harshly as I was expecting. I wanted to talk to Dylan more. I probably wouldn't have been able to form any words though.