13

RILEY

RILEY

The worst day of my life? Well, before today I would've said the day that Heather and her mother showed up at our house and blackmailed us

But now I know that if you really love someone, you should tell them. Right away.

You never know what might happen. If you don't, you will be swallowed up by regret.

Just like I am right now.

TWENTY-FOUR HOURS EARLIER

After the football game is over, my father harshly pulls me by the arm.

"Come on, get in the truck. We're leaving."

He fumbles around the keys in his big man hands after letting go of me. I cross my arms as I wait. I want to tell him off for how he treated Dylan.

I try to talk myself out of it, knowing that if I say something it would most likely enrage him. But I just couldn't fight the urge anymore.

"You pushed that girl in the bleachers, why?" I ask coldly.

He glares at me, his dark eyes searching me over as if to find any little sign I might be talking back.

"I can do what I damn well please, boy. Now get in the truck." He grumbles as he puts the key in the door and opens it. I go to the passenger side and get in.

"There was no sense in it, she didn't do anything." I mumble as I sit in the passenger seat of the truck, but that doesn't stop my father from hearing me.

He starts the engine and shoots me an angry look.

"What did you just say to me?"

He says this even though I know he heard me.

"Nothing. Forget it." I cross my arms, feeling anger boiling inside me.