28

"it is way too fucking early." mari said as she entered the makeup trailer. it was 8:15 am and she was scheduled for makeup and hair testing as the days were counting down to filming.

"goodmorning, mari." mari forced a smile, waving at amy, the make up artist, and plopped down into the makeup chair.

"make me pretty." mari mumbled, leaning back and closing her eyes.

"why didn't you just get coffee to stay awake, hun?" mari opened her eyes and looked at amy who was situating the makeup.

"this is my only thing to do today, so when i go home i want to go back to sleep." she explained, sitting back up straight as she started feeling more tired.

"well good for you, you're not alone today." mari smiled warmly, staring at amy with her tired eyes.

"i know. i have you." amy laughed, shaking her head as she clipped back mari's hair.

"well, joe's coming in also." mari raised an eyebrow.

"joe keery?" she guessed, slightly hoping she'll say yes.

"quinn." mari nodded, letting out a soft 'ah, okay.'

amy decided that putting on music would be the best way to keep mari awake and from dozing off like she had been.

"i hope we never change! i hope we stay the same! i hope we can love through the pain!" mari sang. she was dancing in her chair, making amy keep telling her to stop moving so much. "after the honeymoon fades!"

the two women laughed, not hearing the trailer door open. mari continued singing, doing little vocal runs alongside the studio version of herself that was playing through the speakers.

the trailer door shut loudly, scaring both women who quickly looked towards that direction. joe was standing there, eyes widened as he apologized quickly at the loud bang from the door.

"good morning?" he said, making mari laugh as he looked like he was scared.

"morning jojo." mari said loudly, making sure she was heard over the music. joe smiled, hearing the nickname he hadn't heard in a while. the next song started playing and mari laughed. "another one of mine?!"

joe sat down into the empty chair next to mari, pulling out his phone. mari and amy started singing again, catching joe off guard.

"so sue me! for being good friends with your friends. and running into you the place that we met!" mari laughed, pointing at joe as he stared at her with a smile on her face. "for being something that you can't forget!"

"mari, stop moving before i poke your eye out!" amy laughed, grabbing the girl's face gently and making her stop her dancing. joe laughed, watching as mari's face suddenly went very serious as she stopped singing.

amy quickly did the mascara, making her then move back to the desk to find another product. mari took the opportunity to continue singing and dancing, getting too into it.

"i! i! iiiii! i guess i'm hard to ignore! pick up that jaw off of the floor!"

the song ended and mari looked over at joe who was laughing and then back at amy who stood there with a very similar look that mari would get from her mom when she did something bad.

"sorry." mari said, biting her lip to keep from laughing. amy rolled her eyes and finished her makeup.

"okay, i think we'll do this for the overall aesthetic of elena." mari looked at herself in the mirror and nodded. she liked the more toned down eyes and glossy lip look.

as amy took some makeup pictures of mari, another hair stylist came in and began talking to joe. mari was looking at them through the side of eyes, watching as joe was laughing with the other women.