21

"MARI!"

"oh my god, shut up!" mari whisper yelled, her eyes wide as she stared at joe. his curls were either flattened or sticking out in some places while his clothes were far from straight.

"what?" joe asked dumbly, his tired eyes looking at mari who was wearing a slip dress with her silk robe tied loosely around her body.

"it's 2:45 in the morning you dweeb, why are you yelling?" mari whispered, pulling joe into her apartment and shutting the door.

"i have alcohol and scary movies." joe smiled, showing off his choice of alcohol as well as the scary movies he brought.

"jesus, what are you, a teenage girl in high school?" mari laughed, taking the movies and flipping through them. "oh, let's watch the conjuring."

joe got busy with putting in the dvd while mari started making a bed on the floor. as joe hit play, he begin helping mari.

"why do you have so many fucking pillows?"

"shut up." mari grumbled, throwing a pillow at joe who laughed. the two plopped down on the floor, opening the multiple bottles of alcohol and settling in to watch the conjuring.

"are you okay?" joe whispered, causing mari to look at him. the two had been silent, engrossed in the movie for about 25 minutes.

"what?" mari whispered, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"i mean...you called me over in the middle of the night after saying you needed me. i never got the chance to actually find out why." mari smiled softly, shrugging as she sighed.

"i had a really bad date tonight and it caused a lot of anxiety." joe sat up straighter, turning more towards her as his mouth was slightly open in shock.

"you went on a date?" joe asked quickly, blinking fast as he tried to process the new information.

"um...yes?" mari laughed, confused at his reaction. "why are you staring at me like that?"

"nothing! no reason." joe spat out, swallowing hard as he tried to focus on the movie again.

"joe, are you okay?" mari asked softly, touching joe's arm. he nodded before downing the rest of the bottle. "jesus christ joe, are you trying to wake up hung over?"

joe shrugged and smirked, gesturing at mari's bottle. she sighed, knowing what he was implying. with a roll of her eyes, mari downed the rest of her bottle as well.

"oh fuck, i felt that immediately." mari groaned.

••••••••••
"alright, i'm not getting up so let's just cast another movie." mari quickly put on the conjuring 2, noticing it was nearing 4am.

both joe and mari were extremely drunk. after spending the entire first movie giggling at mari's dad jokes, they promised one another to actually watch the second one.

"hey." joe poked mari, gaining her attention. her eyes were half closed as she fought to stay awake.

"not even 15 minutes in, joe." mari whined, taking a drink of her bottle before setting on the coffee table. "what?"

"you're pretty." joe whispered, his words slurring together. mari smiled softly, yawning as she turned her body towards joe.

"thank you." she patted his cheek softly, a tired smile on her face as joe stared at her.

"i'm serious, mars. you're just...so fucking attractive." mari blushed, the heat so intense from the amount of alcohol she consumed.

both of them were too drunk to where they weren't fully aware of what was being said, but neither stopped drinking.