11

1,201,372 likes | 20,526 comments

mariposamontes date night w my new favorite ppl ever 🫡🫶🏻🦋

user HOT
user realistically, i am gay 4 u.
joeyking ok ur hot we get it
sadiesink_ ur my favorite!!
user hand in marriage??? rn????
user i am..in love
user NEW MUSIC...WHEN
bowerjamie Gorgeous girl.
user ^ r u dead bc i am
madisonbeer stop trying to win the competition of hottest singer on instagram ,,, my ego is too big to lose
maya_hawke i see u 👀

•••••••••

"Okay, you got this Mari. it's just a dinner with you and like over 10 new people." Mari whispered to herself, pulling into a spot in the parking garage next to the restaurant. "at least Sadie will be there. But oh god, joseph will be there!"

Mari groaned, slamming her head down on the top of her steering wheel. She mumbled a few more words of encouragement to herself, about to exit the car when her nerves hit her again.    

"You got this. You have met so many different casts over your career, why am I freaking out?!" Mari sighed, leaning back against her headrest and closing her eyes, trying to calm herself down.    

Mari jumped, letting out a very loud 'oh fuck' as her phone's ringing suddenly filled the quiet atmosphere in the car. She sighed, reaching into the passenger seat to grab her purse and find her iPhone, bringing it up to her ear.    

"Hello?" Mari said, rubbing her forehead.

"Mari!" she heard sadie on the other end, yelling slightly loud as she assumed she was trying to make herself heard over the noise in the background. "Where are you?"

"shit, I just pulled into a spot, is everyone else already here?" mari asked, quickly turning off her car and grabbing her bag before getting out of the car and locking it.

"no, we're missing just you and one other person." sadie yelled, causing mari to pull the phone away from her ear slightly as she locked the car, checking her reflection in the mirror. Mari started walking towards the exit of the garage as she listened to sadie laughing, telling someone on the other end that she was talking to mari.

"I'm literally exiting onto the street right now, give me a minute." mari hung up, shoving her phone into her pants pocket as she stepped out of the parking garage. As mari approached the restaurant, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

"MARI!" she jumped, turning to see Maya approaching her as she entered the building.

"Oh, hi!" mari laughed, being engulfed in a hug before she could process it. She hugged back maya, a smile on both their faces as they pulled away and looked at each other.

"it's so nice to meet you! I wanted to meet you out here before everyone else." Maya smiled, making mari raise an eyebrow at the girl.

"Why?"

"Well, I wanted to calm any nerves you had about the dinner. Also, " Maya paused, wrapping her arm around Mari's shoulder. "I feel like you'll be one of the centers of attention tonight and I didn't want to miss out on introducing myself."

Mari laughed, both girls walking past the hostess booth and straight to the outside patio that was reserved for the dinner. They paused before the door leading outside and Mari sighed, shaking out her nerves before taking a deep breath.

"Alright, lets do this!" Mari said excitedly, a huge grin on her face.

The girls walked outside and before they could say anything, Sadie yelled out Mari's name.

"MARI! Finally." Mari hugged Sadie and laughed, gently hitting her shoulder.

"Finally? I'm not even the last one to arrive."

Sadie dismissed her and immediately started to introduce Mari to everyone. As she stood there and received many hugs from her new cast members, she couldn't keep the smile off her face. Everyone was so kind and greeted her the best way to calm her nerves completely.

"Hi Mari, I'm Jamie." Mari laughed, hugging Jamie as she tried to keep her excitement at bay.

"It's honestly so great to meet you."

Mari pulled away from the hug and everyone started to talk to one another, conversing about who knows what when Mari heard a voice from behind her.

"I am so sorry that I am so late everyone. My apologies! I honestly have the worst time management."

Mariposa turned around, her heart racing as she made eye contact with the late comer.

"No, you're fine!" Maya announced, going up to hug them.

"Hi Everyone! I'm Joseph." Sadie nudged Mari, a knowing smirk on her face as Mari turned towards her friend with panicked eyes.

"Oh jesus." Mari whispered, biting her lip anxiously as Sadie smiled. rubbing her friends shoulders encouragingly. "He's probably creeped out by me."

"Mari, stop. Joseph is a really nice guy, I'm sure he's not going to make you feel any worse about your crush." Sadie laughed, making Mariposa glare at her.

Everyone had taken their seats already, making Sadie go and hug Joseph before sitting down. She nudged Mari and winked, taking her seat as she whispered at everyone to stop staring at Mari and Joseph.

"Hi Joseph, I'm Mariposa."  Mari smiled nervously, giving him a small wave.

"Please, call me Joe, darling." Joe pulled Mari into a hug that lingered a little longer than his other ones.

"And don't worry about the tweet, love. I'm flattered a gorgeous woman like you feels that way. I'm not creeped out." Joe whispered in Mari's ear, making her stomach flip with nerves and butterflies.

"Oh god." Mari mumbled as they pulled away from the hug, both of them staring into one another's eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Like I said, I'm flattered. Let's sit?" Joe asked, making Mari nod. They both turned to go and sit, realizing the only two seats were side by side and Mari mentally cursed god, jesus and everyone at that table.

Joe placed his hands on Mari's lower back and walked with her to the table, pulling out her chair before taking his own right next to her. They smiled at one another as they sat down, Mari having to being poked by Sadie to take her eyes off Joe.

She took a deep breath and looked around the table full of people, realizing she had a semi long night ahead of her. And Joe sitting so close to her that she could feel his body heat was not going to make the night easier.