Stand by You

Peter and I walked hand in hand to the nearest taxi station. Even from the other end of the building, I could still hear the annoying shouts from the morons named Lila and Alya. But right now, that didn't matter. Peter called a taxi while I waited patiently on the park bench thinking to myself. 'Hey isn't this easy.' My mind flew back to what Chloe said months ago while we were still in Paris.

"Whatever you do Marinette," Chloe started, I turned towards her. "Don't make bad choices when you fall in love. That one choice you or your partner make could either make or break your relationship." She whispered. "Like mine." She said. I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked as my pulse started to quicken.

"I broke it off." She whispered. I held her as she started sobbing. I couldn't believe Chloe broke off her engagement. He hurt her and that was something I wouldn't allow. But I guess that's what love is- a weapon.

I wasn't sure what she meant at the time, but after my relationship with the class, I guess finally realized not everyone will want to stay in your life.

"Marinette, the taxi's here." Peter said getting me out of my daze.

"Right, coming." I gathered my things and walked towards the black taxi.

"Hello! My name is Taylor! Where can I take the two of you today?" Taylor asked enthusiastically.

"The amusement park on Elm Street, please!" I said, matching her excitement.

"Of course!" Taylor pulled the taxi back onto the road and towards the general direction of Elm Street.

I sighed and looked out the window. The buildings, cars, trees, and people passed by in a blur. I smiled warmly as we passed by the hero's monument. I was familiar with the Avengers but I still had many questions. My eyes stopped on the bronze Spiderman statue. I'm not sure what it was, but something seemed familiar. I shook my head. 'That's impossible. I've barely met anyone yet.' I reasoned to myself, but I still couldn't shake the feeling of doubt sewn into my mind.

"We're here!" Taylor exclaimed as the car came to a gentle stop.

Peter reached for his wallet while I glared at him.

"I'll make you a deal," he started. "I'll pay for the taxi and you can pay for the tickets." I stopped for a second.

"Fine." I gave in. Peter got out his wallet smugly and paid the fare plus a tip.

"Thank you! Have a wonderful day!" Taylor waved goodbye. Peter and I both waved as the black taxi pulled back onto the road and towards the highway.

We turned to face the amusement park. It was a very large area all sectioned out for the different amusements the park had to offer. We walked under the large sign saying "The Big Apple Amusement Park" to a red box ticket booth.

"Hello! How many tickets?" The employee questioned.

"Two please!" I answered. The clerk rummaged through a few papers on his desk. During this time I didn't notice Peter, once again, getting out his wallet. He pulled the exact amount of cash needed, so when the attendant handed us two tickets, Peter gave the money before I could even say 'thank you'.

"Thanks." Peter said whilst grabbing the tickets. He pulled me over to the nearest available bench.

"What was that?" I said angrily.

"That was a thank you." Peter replied smugly. I looked at him like he was crazy. "For the interview, for Alya's name, for being nice, and for the opportunity to threaten someone with dad's name. I don't know why but it felt good." Peter explained causing me to laugh.