City of Angels

Marinette's POV:

"Of course we'll always be besties!" Alya exclaimed. I giggled.

"Even when you make it big as a reporter and I'm still a lowly fashion designer?" I egged.

"So about that reporter thing...." She continued, "Could I have an interview with one of your clients?" My mood dampened, but I nodded.

"Yes! I'm finally going somewhere." Alya said.

"Uh-"

"My career is going to take off. Maybe later I can interview one of your contacts, like Jagged Stone or Clara Nightingale gale-Ooh or even..." Alya continued her rant. I secretly rolled my eyes. "What if we do it now?" Alya suggested. She looked so happy, I just had to say yes.

"Okay, let's do it after school." I suggested and walked out the door with Alya rolling suit.

During school, Alya kept staring off into the distance, glancing at the clock, and tapping her pencil impatiently on the desk. When the dismissal bell finally rang, Alya bolted out the door in the direction of my house. I took my time and Adrien approached me.

"Hey Marinette! Why did Alya leave so early?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed, partially embarrassed. "I agreed to get one of my contacts to give her an interview." Adrien looked down.

"Oh. I didn't know you had contacts." He sheepishly smiled.

"Yeah. I just don't like to spread that piece of knowledge." I claimed, making him chuckle.

"Come on!" I heard Alya shout when she was at the front door.

"Better get going." I said, already running down the stairs to Alya. "Coming!" I sprinted up to her and the rest of the way to my room.

"Ok!" Alya jumped. "Who do I interview first?"

"Well, we could do someone small first, like that guy in that music video from England?" I suggested. Alya made a face.

"No! When I said I wanted to interview someone I meant someone big." Alya said like a small child.

"Okay, how about," I stopped to think. "Bob Roth?" Alya lit up.

"Ok thank you!"

I called Bob Roth.

"Hey BR!"

"Mari? Hey! You still up to design the robot costumes for XY's next concert?"

"You know I am!" I said cheerfully, "But, I have a friend who's a reporter, she wants to interview you." Alya gave me 2 thumbs up from the side.

"How personal will the questions be?" Mr. Roth said, not wanting the public to hear everything.

"Oh don't worry, Alya won't ask anything too personal." I saw Alya frown at this.

"When is it?" I held the phone away from my ear,

"When do you want to do it?" I asked Alya.

"Now." Alya ordered. I put the phone back to my ear.

"If you aren't busy now, we could do it over the phone?" I suggested.

"Sure, but it can't be longer than 30 minutes. I have an appointment scheduled at 5." I put the phone on speaker.

"Okay, it's on speaker phone. Ask away Alya."

"Ok! First of all, in silencer, you called your son useless. How so?" These questions were kind of personal.

"He's not. I just said that out of anger. I regret that now."