Chapter Nine

"Today is the last day of our vacation. What should we do?" I asked.

Since the day we played the stick game Eve and I had went back to the first house she saw, the one my parents knew about. Also we pretty much just took long walks that lasted a couple hours, but then there were other walks that we would leave at dawn and come back at dusk.

"I don't exactly know. I wish we could stay here longer, but we can't. We do have to pack still and I'll pack yours if you want me to, you're probably not as familiar with packing as I am."

"That's ok, I can do it myself." I walked over to my suitcase and started packing it, by packing it I mean throwing everything in my suitcase and sitting on the top so I could zip it.

"Need help?" Eve could obviously see me struggling to zip it, and laughed.

"Nope I almost," I took one last tug on the zipper and it zipped shut, "got it."

"Ok, oh um Matthew?"

"What?"

"I think you forgot about your pajamas."

"No they're in there," I insisted.

"Oh ok well then that's someone else's pajamas on the bed," she shrugged her shoulders and looked away quickly, trying to hide her smile.

I looked over at the bed and sure enough my pajamas were still lying on the bed. "Oh, are you kidding me! They aren't going to fit in there," I whined motioning to my over-stuffed suitcase.

"It's ok they can go in mine. I have plenty of room, I actually folded my clothes."

I tossed her the pajamas and she folded them so perfectly and then put them in the suitcase and zipped it up without a problem.

"What time do we have to be at the plane?"

"Well, my parents want me home by four and it's. Oh, I didn't realize it was already two-thirty!" I was beyond panicked. "We were supposed to leave by one-forty!

"We have to go now, run!"

At first I thought she was talking about that we were very late, but when I saw what she was looking at I knew she wasn't.

I looked out the window and saw more people that I could count. Thousands of people in all black with a red skull and crossbones plastered on the front of every man's shirt exploded through the trees making the trunks look black with all their shirts. They were Pirates, and they had found us.

"Get to the secret room!" I shouted just as Pirates broke down the door.

Eve started going for it but got stopped in her path by a sound, footsteps, running up the stairs. We were trapped. "Matthew, what should we do?" Eve whispered.