Chapter Five

I woke up on day three of our vacation. But this time Eve wasn't next to me. She is probably just going to the bathroom, or making coffee downstairs, because I'm not even capable of finding the coffee, I thought, but it is really quiet, what if she freaked out after what happened yesterday morning and left. No that's stupid she would leave her stuff her if she left, which I hope didn't happen. Maybe she is going for a walk or something like that. I'll just go make a coffee and then relax.

I changed out of my pajamas and put on regular clothes. By the time I had reached the kitchen I saw that there was a note that said:

Dear Matthew,

I have made you a coffee, it is in the refrigerator, and I hope you like iced coffee. I also put mine in there too; when you grab yours can you grab mine and bring it out to me? I'm taking a morning swim and I didn't want to wake you.

Love,

Eve

After I read the note I found our coffees in the fridge and I started to walk toward the back door. At first I didn't see her, and then I scanned the water and found her. "Eve, I brought your coffee!" I yelled.

"Ok thanks, I'm coming!" she yelled back.

I stood where I was and waited for her to come out of the water. She got out and went to go get her towel, once she wrapped herself in her towel she came bounding up to me and grabbed her coffee.

"Thanks for bringing me my coffee," she said, quickly kissing my lips.

"Yeah you're welcome, when did you get up?"

"Uh, what time is it now?" she asked wondering how long she had been outside.

"It is around ten forty-five," I told her.

"Oh, that means I have been up for about an hour and a half," she said awkwardly.

"Oh wow, that's... that's cool I guess," I said glancing the other way. "What do you want to do today?"

"We should stay at the cabin and watch movies, if you want to. You can figure it out, I'm going to go shower," she said pausing like she wasn't sure what to say next, "I love you bye," she said hurrying toward the cabin.

"Ok and I love you too!" I yelled to her.

Once I got in the cabin I decided I was going to write her a note. When I finished it I reread it to make sure it was good.

Dear Eve,

I'm glad you started working at the palace. I can't imagine life without you now that I have you. I hope that you feel the same way I feel about you, if you do then I would know that you love me just as much as I love you. I'm not that great at writing cute little notes, if you needed a note about archery or painting it would be great. I'm writing you this to tell you how much I care for you and I'm very glad that you came with me.