TWO. meeting jelly belly

OLIVIA PRESUMABLY had Jeremiah wrapped around her finger

OLIVIA PRESUMABLY had Jeremiah wrapped around her finger. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that they two of them fit like a puzzle piece.

But not all puzzles are completed.

She stood in front of the mirror that hung behind her door. A sudden knock pulling her out of her thoughts when her mother walked through the door.

"Heading out?"

"I'm heading to the Fisher's." She said, "Meeting Jere's friend Belly."

"Belly?"

"Isabel."

Jessie nodded. She felt that Belly was such an odd nickname for someone, let alone someone of her age, but nonetheless, didn't speak her mind.

She sat on Olivia's bed as her daughter stared at herself in the mirror.

Olivia never really thought about her appearance. She liked how she looked and never, or at least tried to, look at the flaws that stood out to her.

The reassurance from Jeremiah was enough for her to ignore what she thought was bad simply because he told her otherwise.

"Is Jeremiah coming to get you?" Her mother asked.

"Yeah. He should be here in a few minutes."

Jessie furrowed her brows, "You seem oddly calm."

"That's what I'm going for." Olivia said, stepping away from the mirror, "Jere said that Belly and I are pretty much the same. I want to make a great impression."

Jessie only nodded, watching as Olivia opened one of her dresser drawers to find a bathing suit.

"He's talked so highly of her." Olivia started, "I want her to like me."

"I'm sure she'll love you for who you are, sweetheart." Jessie reassured.

Olivia smiled. She soon heard a horn honking and peaked out the window to find a red Jeep sitting in her driveway.

"He's here." She smiled, "I'll be back later."

"Liv?" Jessie called, "Call me if you need anything."

"Don't worry about me. Jeremiah said Belly was nice."