THIRTEEN. the "better man"

TO SAY that Olivia had an exhausting week would be an understatement

TO SAY that Olivia had an exhausting week would be an understatement. She'd broken up with Jeremiah, had something going on with Conrad, and still had no escort to the deb, which was tonight.

Olivia hadn't thought much about having an escort, but she knew that she needed one especially when her date had backed out and decided to go with Belly instead.

Which, Olivia could care less about. At least they wouldn't be miserable with each other.

Olivia and Jeremiah weren't dating, but they weren't back to how things were either. They weren't the best of friends. They would classify themselves as acquaintances who have smilier interests.

They were Olivia and Jeremiah: On the same page, but not quite the original.

Anyways, Olivia headed downstairs, her deb ball dress in her hands.

"Hey, mom!" Olivia called, "I need to be there in an hour!"

Olivia jumped off the last step and made her way into the living room where her mom had been pressing out a different white dress.

"What are you doing?"

Jessie turned with a smile, "Throw that away. I don't think you want to wear that."

"Why not?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"That's the dress you were gonna wear when Jeremiah was your escort, right? That's old. I got you a new one."

"You didn't have to do that."

"Well... it's not new, new per se. It's my dress that I wore to my deb."

Jessie held the dress up, it seemed very out of date for Olivia to wear, but out with old and in with the new she supposed.

Olivia placed her old dress on the couch and held the new one in her hands.

In Jessie's eyes, Olivia seemed fine and she truly was. Though Olivia loved Jeremiah and most likely still had a soft spot for him.

If he was in trouble and she happened to be there, she would step in no hesitation and she could hope that he would do the same for her.