SIX. back to you

OLIVIA RUBBED her eyes as she woke up that morning in Cousins

OLIVIA RUBBED her eyes as she woke up that morning in Cousins. The sunlight shines bright into Conrad's room as she lazily rubbed her eyes.

She had been up all morning listening in on plans with Conrad on how he could save this house.

She said that she would only be asleep of several minutes... which turned into an hour.

With a yawn, Olivia reached for her glasses on the bedside dresser, slipping them onto her face and instantly feeling her world come into focus.

She stood slowly, stretching her arms up as she made her way towards the window to close the blinds... only to pause and see a red Jeep sitting in the driveway.

"Shit." She muttered and left the room, making her way downstairs.

She heard two voices become louder and louder as she reached the bottom step and made her way into the living room to see Conrad and Jeremiah going back and forth.

"So this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls and text?" Jeremiah asked.

"Jere... Jere." Conrad called, "Did you not hear what I just said? We're gonna lose this house. Mom's house."

"Why would your dad sell this house?"

Olivia looked up. She hadn't even noticed Belly. She didn't know anything about her coming. She knew that Jeremiah would eventually find out where Conrad was, but she didn't think that Belly would tag along.

"He's not." Conrad quickly answered, "Aunt Julia is."

"Susannah's sister?"

"Half sister. Apparently, the house belonged to the both of them. And then when Mom... Now Aunt Julia owns the whole thing, so..." Conrad explained.

"Okay, we'll just call Dad and figure something out. That's it." Jeremiah said.

"You think I haven't already done that?" Conrad asked, "He says legally the house is hers."

"Okay, then he'll buy it."

"He doesn't have the money to buy it." Conrad raised his voice, "Between Brown and the medical bills and the..."