7.2. Oh Boy, I'm in Trouble

Once I finished with my toilet business, I went straight to the bar to order a bottle of water. I needed to sober up.

The bar was packed. It took skills to squeeze in until I could reach the counter. An electric blue LED light from the bar background hit my eyes, sending me a sudden stinging pain in my skull. I leaned forward, one elbow on the counter to hold my weight, while my other hand massaged my temple.

"It must be a museum because you truly are a work of art," a rough voice slurred in my ear, followed by a strong liquor smell invading my nostrils.

I rolled my eyes and scooted as far as I could manage. "Please, your pick-up line sucks."

"Oh, I can definitely suck something else you will enjoy."

"No, thank you," I replied, my eyes on the bartender, hoping he would notice me sooner than later.

"I know you are up for something fun, too," he went on as he slid his hand around my waist, resting his palm on the side of my rib, right under my breast. "Why don't we go find somewhere private and get to know each other, sexy?"

"Excuse me?" I jerked his hand away and took a few steps back from the counter, away from the perverted dude.

He sneered as his eyes shamelessly roamed over my body and lingered a little bit too long at my cleavage. Leaning into my ear, he said, "Oh, come on, no need to act like a prude. I know that sweet pussy of yours is dripping wet already."

That was it. All I saw was blue from the bar LED light and red from my boiling anger. And before I knew it, my palm landed on his cheek, creating a whack sound, followed by a mix of shrieks and gasping voices from around me. But I was too busy to react because of the throbbing sensation in the hand I used to slap the dude's face. Fuck was it painful!

"What the hell! You're fucking psycho!" the guy yelled while caressing his cheek. He looked at our surroundings. "I didn't do anything! She was a loose lunatic!"

Watching him playing victim, I took a step forward and yelled at his face. "What the fuck did you just say?"

A strong hand pulled me by the waist until my back hit the hard surface behind me. "Easy," said the familiar voice to me as his warm breath brushed the top of my hair. "One more bullshit, I will kick your nasty ass out of here." The next line must have been addressed to the creepy dude in front of me.

The man shifted his gaze back and forth to me and Mr. Andrew, looking hesitant for a moment before putting his hands up, shrugging. "She's all yours, man." With that, he trudged away from the bar.

Someone in a security uniform came. "Is everything alright here?"

"Yes," Mr. Andrew replied. "Just a stupid drunkard."

"Assholes are born every day," the man remarked, shaking his head while peering his eyes in the direction of where the perverted dude had disappeared. "I've got to keep an eye on him." Then he nodded at us and walked away.

It was when I realized that Mr. Andrew's hand was still on my waist, making me suddenly aware of our proximity. I could feel his heat radiate through my back, and a groan escaped my throat. It was such a struggle to not arch my back and press myself on him. Before my intoxicated brain could pull some sense, he cleared his throat and let go of my waist, and I secretly whimpered.

We then stood side by side by the bar counter, rather awkwardly.

"And what can I get you two?" asked the bartender who was already standing in front of us. He must have seen the commotion.

"A bottle of water, please," I replied while digging into my bag to find my wallet.

"Make it two," Mr. Andrew added before tossing a twenty-buck bill onto the counter.