Chapter 17

I couldn’t help but feel a surge of anger when I heard the door open behind me and Hunter. I don't think that I was ready to see Murray, I was just so pissed! How could he have kept a secret so big from me all these years?

"Hey Scotty, Murray." Hunters voice was deep when he greeted them I could fell a shiver fall down into my core, and suddenly I really wished that they weren't here." You have any trouble on the way here?"

"No." Murrays answer was quick, and I could hear the tears in his voice. I knew that it was hurting him that I wouldn't talk to him, but it hurt me to dammit! My best friend in the world just suddenly decided to not tell me he was a shifter? What the hell man!

"Did you cover your tracks and make sure no one was following you?" Hunter’s voice was stressed so I gently rubbed his chest still not turning around to face Murray.

"Of course Hunter, I am not stupid you know." This voice was unfamiliar deep and husky but also friendly and warm, I guessed it was the man Scotty that Hunter had been talking about earlier but honestly at that moment I didn't care I was tired, sore and exhausted.

"Hunter are you going to tell me what’s going on now." I sighed looking up at him through tired eyes. He nodded and sweetly lifted me in his arms before carrying me to the couch. Looking up at the doorway I saw a pouting Murray and a very large man who must be Scotty.

"Are you comfortable love?" Hunter asked gently sweeping his hand across my brow. Smiling I looked up at him and settled back into the couch.

"Yes I am fine thank you." Though I truly meant it my voice came out harder then I had meant for it too. Sighing i rubbed my temples before giving him a weak smile. "Sorry I am just really tired right now. Can we get this over with? What’s the plan?" Everyone came and sat in front of me including hunter who looked adorable crossed legged on the floor with his brown hair in a mess.

"Well we know we have to get rid of Lucias once and for all but he has prisoners." Hunter looked at me with pain filled eyes. "One of those girls is barely even eight Dai. He had them all chained up and there was nothing I could do." I could see the pain deep behind Hunters eyes and quickly crouched from the couch to hug him.

"Shhh." I whispered in his ears, hating the pain I could sense from him. It was tearing him apart inside. "We will do everything we can to get them out safe, you did the right thing not doing anything they would have gotten killed." Though I tried my best to sound reassuring to Hunter, secretly I prayed that there wasn't a worse fate then death waiting for them while we hatched our plan. Scotty cleared his throat and looked at the two of us.

"I have an idea.. But I'm not sure it will work." Scotty hesitated his voice sounding rough from his throat. Pulling himself together Hunter sat up straight and looked at Scotty curiously.

"Well an idea is better then no ideas tell me what you got." Hunter had fully composed himself and now was radiating that fierce alpha male aura that I had grown to love.

"Well what if we distracted him? Then took out his guards one by one." Nervous Scotty rubbed his hand through his hair.

"How would we distract him?" Murray’s voice was quizzical and I almost shot him a smile before remembering that I was pissed at him.

Scotty fumbled with his hands a bit before looking back at us. "Well, I know your not going to like this but what if Dai...:"

"No." Scotty hadn't even got out a sentence before Hunter interrupted him, his normally calm eyes brewing with anger. "We will no use Dai as bait."

"Hunter!" I scowled at him, god he was so immature sometimes, "At least let Scotty finish explaining his plan before you demolish it completely!"

Scotty gave me a grateful look, "Well," He cleared his throat loudly, " As I was saying what if Dai pretend to give in? Like she loves Lucias? We can get to her before he touches her but it will throw him off guard enough that we might have a chance with my brothers and your pack helping out." I grinned thinking it was a brilliant idea but the minute I turned to look at Hunter I knew he was against it. His jaw was clenched tightly and he was shaking his head violently.

"No absolutely not!" He growled glaring at Scotty fiercely, "We will not put Dai and the cubs in harms way!"

"But Hunter getting him distracted may be our only chan-" Scotty began.

"No! And that’s final!" Scowling I turned to look at hunter angry at him suddenly. He was always the Alpha always got his way right? Well now I'm the Alphas wife and we all know that the women rule the men.

"I'll do it." I help up my hand in front of Hunters shocked face before he could speak, "Don't you tell me no hunter! People have died and I am not going to rest until I see that bastard dead on the floor, and if using me as bait is our best chance? Then we will go for it."

"But what if something happens?" Hunters’ eyes were wide terrified even, normally I would have thought it adorable but under the circumstances I just found it heart breaking.

"Then it happens." I saw Hunter flinch and I looked away, “There are many more people at risk here then just me Lucias is a mad man, he will kill hundreds. “Turning I held Hunter close completely forgetting about Murray and Scotty, "But I promise I'll be fine." Though i sounded calm and collected I secretly prayed that I wasn't lying to him and that me and the cubs really were going to be okay.