Chapter 19

It was hard for me to get back to sleep that night, every time I closed my eyes a new horror appeared behind them. Not all of the dreams I remembered, but the ones that I did remember felt so real I wasn’t sure if I was awake or asleep.

            Sighing, I finally gave up on good sleep around four in the morning. Groaning, I walked into the restroom but the thing I saw in front of me stopped me cold in my tracks. It looked like me but it was different, its hair was like mine but more wild, like the wind and caught it up, its eyes glowed a dark purple instead of a green and its nails were a deadly looking blue-silver, and as long as knives.

            “Who are you?” that thing couldn’t possibly be me. Growling, I stepped closer to it bearing my teeth,” I said, who are you?” It just grinned silently at me showing a matching set of canines.

            “I am you.” When it spoke its voice was musical but cold and dead, there seemed to be no life left in it, like some tragedy had taken away all emotion.

            “You can’t be mean!” I snarled,” I am me.” Stepping one step closer I glared again at the thing. “Why are you here anyway? Who are you really?”

            It walked closer to m, its deadly smile still on its cold face,” As I said, I am you, and I have come here to warn you, or I guess warn myself.”

            “Warn me about what?” I stared at it, unwilling to believe it but subconsciously doing so.

“About the future of course.” It stopped me by gently shaking its head as I opened my mouth to speak again, “I am you when you’re angry, no longer just a succubus, you now have werewolf blood as well. It is important that you know what to expect from it.” It closed its eyes as though reliving a painful memory. Shivering my stomach knotted as I watched a look of pure pain run through its face, before slowly disappearing leaving behind the cold canvas of before.

            “What is it that I should expect?” My voice was low, and I found myself fearing her answer. Was I going to turn into a monster one day? Like Lucias?

            Sighing she ran her hands through her hair, sending an eerie feeling down my spine. The gesture was so familiar to me that seeing her do it was just creepy. “As you know no succubus has ever been mated with a werewolf before. You also know that when both succubi and werewolves are angry there form and personality changes rapidly. Being mixed with both, your powers will have changed immensely.” She closed her eyes and I saw a small tear run down her still face. “It is a violent change, like lava burning inside you.” She opened her eyes again staring at me. “It hurts, and it is so hard to control.” Her expression changed again and she grabbed me by my shoulders startling me. “It is so very important that you control it. If  you don’t you will lose the pups and Hunter to your own rage.”

            I woke up dripping in sweat, I could feel my heart pounding violently against my chest.

            “Are you okay love?” Hunter gently placed his hands on my shoulder. Turing I smiled up at him.

            “I am fine, sorry, it was just a nightmare.” He frowned, I just laid there and studied his face wondering what he was thinking. He was so wonderful, with him my heart felt so light, he was the only man I didn’t have to fear touching.

            “Love you sure that you’re okay?” Hunters eyes were full of concern but I just smiled.

“Yeah, I am sure. I guess I just have a lot on my mind is all.”

“Like?” Hunter pushed gently, smiling at me. ”Come on love you can tell me anything, you know I am always here to listen” Smiling back at him I sat up crossing my legs.

            “I am just worried, there has never been a Werewolf Succubus before, what if I loose control of myself and something horrible happens?” I looked at him, blinking back tears.

            “Shh love.” He gently wrapped his arms about my waist, laying his head down on my shoulder. “It will be alright, what ever happens we will work together to figure it out.”

            Sniffling I nodded holding his hand tight around my waist.” I hope so.”

            “I know so.” I could feel him smile as he gently kissed my neck. “What do you want to do after this business with Lucias is over?”

            I thoughtfully chewed on my li[p as I ;leaned back against him.” I don’t know start our lives I guess. Maybe build a house in the middle of the forest with a big herb garden and flower beds.” Smiling I relaxed at the thought. Gently Hunter laid us down, caressing my stomach.

            “Tell me more about what you want love.” His voice was soft and gentle as though he was trying to lull me to sleep.

            “Well we will have a big but nice comfy house. With a wooden floors and big windows and tables that are small enough we can all sit around but big enough that no one [pushes and shoves. The pips will play in the yard, and will grow up with the wind as there friend.” I smiled lying further into him as I thought. “We will have animals of course, and a big pond in the back to swim in.”

            “What about the gardens?” Hunter whispered smiling into my neck.

            “Oh they will be fantastic of course, with lots of fruits and vegetables and herbs all tied together in a knot work pattern. It will be wonderful.”

            “Of course it will be wonderful how couldn’t it with you and the cubs there.” Turning I giggled at Hunter smiling into his sweet face.

            “Hmm.” I put my hands on my stomach, jumping as it tightened, “How many do you think are in there Hunter?” I whispered taking his hands and placing the back on ym stomach.

            “I don’t know.” He laughed causing me to shiver as his breath swept across my ear, “But I suspect just enough.” I laughed and cuddled back into him. “Come on love get back to sleep.” Nodding I let his calm breathing slowly lure me to sleep.