Chapter 6

Dais POV

I sighed as I moved to my room happier than I had been for a while, Hunter made me smile, and it was amazing who knew a man could make me feel so alive? Still smiling I stopped as I saw my mom walk out in front of me.

"What is it mom?" I snapped still mad at her for assuming that I was putting someone purposefully in danger. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Look Dai, I know your mad at me but please just be civilized, I have a date over for dinner tonight, and I just need to ask you to find another place to go." She said that last part hesitantly and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“And why is it, that you don't want me here for dinner?" My voice was like ice as I glared at her, I knew what she was going to say and it hurt me, part of me understood, but the childish part of me, the one that just wanted my mom to treat me like she did before the incident from when I was fourteen.

"I'm sorry Dai; I just can't risk him seeing you. You reel in men to easily."

I glared at her anger rising into my cheeks causing her to shift uncomfortably. “Fine!" I snapped before I stormed into my room, throwing everything I could think of into a duffle bag. Sniffling I picked up my phone to call Murray trying to cry as silently as possible, I waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" Murray yawned in the middle of his saying hello; I rolled my eyes knowing that he was having a famous mid afternoon nap.

"Hey Murray." I whispered, trying to not let my voice crack, but apparently I didn't do a very good job of it as Murray instantly asked me what was wrong. “My mom doesn't want me around because she is having a guy friend over." This time I was positive my voice cracked.

"Shit!" Murray cursed clearly displease," I will be there as soon as possible girly." I said thank you and hung up feeling better knowing that Murray was going to be there for me. He was my only friend and even though I now had Hunter to, I just wasn't comfortable asking him for shelter yet. I ran to the door ignoring my mom’s shout I closed the door roughly behind me and waited for Murray to arrive in his car.

"Hey, Murray." I called as he pulled into the drive smiling.

"Hey Dai! Come on I got the perfect idea of what will cheer you up!" His smile was addicting so I laughed with him and threw myself in the car.

"What you got in mind?" I asked, He just grinned and pointed the backseat. Turning around I grinned, looks like me and him were playing with the cops tonight.

Giggling I stepped on the gas we were on the hiugh way now, alls we needed was some attention.Taking out the handgun he stood up int he convertable me and him jsut stole and shot it straight in the air. Laughing we spead up.

___________________________________________________________

Hunters POV

 I cursed as I saw recieved the call about a stolen car. Appare tly there was guns involved. I was not in the mood for this I could barely concetrate.

"Car 180 whats the update?" I asked as I spoeed towards the highway.

"Cars a red convertable, stolen about four hours ago, passenger is male with hadgun, driver female.We suspect drinking involved." The staticy cvoice came over the intercom and I silently cursed.

"Discription?"

"Blonde, well Amber really damn she is gorgeous female, umm sorry and a male with dark hair." I closed my eyes all i needed was the stutter to know that who he was talking about was Dai.

_______________________________________________________________________

DAI POV

I laughed as more cops pulled up behind me, I loved causing trouble, partially because it was just too easy to get out of. My laughter was cut short however as I very familiar person pulled up besides the car.

"DAI STOP THIS CAR NOW!" Turning I scowled at Hunters perfect face but did as he said. I didn't even hace to lookokat him to know he was pissed.

"Common lets go talk you out of this then I want you to meet me at the bridge understood?" I just nodded not bearing to look at the man I felt like Ihad known forever.

____________________________________________________________

HUNTERS POV

It felt like ages when I saw Dai finally wave good bye to Murray and start walking towards me, Stepping out of the car I turned and glared.

"Why didn't you call me?" My voice grated out and from the corner of my eye I could see Dai flinch obviously not looking forward to that question.

"I-I...” She trailed off and fell silent again; angry now I pulled over violently.

"You what Dai! I'm your mate you should have called me!!" I knew my voice had risen but I just couldn't bring it down, she could've gotten hurt.

"I'm sorry Hunter." Dai whispered staring down at her hands, “I just wasn't sure if I was ready for you to come rescuing me. I'm not used to having a mate who will take care of me." I watched as tears fell her eyes and cursed. Pulling her into my arms I rocked her back and forth.

"I'm sorry Dai. I was just worried. What if something had happened to you?" Dai nodded and clung to me crying openly now.

I rocked her until she was almost asleep in my arms as you breathing calmed I gently laid her back against her seat starting back up the car, anxious to get her somewhere more comfortable. "Hunter I love you!" I stopped and looked at Dai her eyes were closed and she was breathing evenly, I drew in an emotional breath stroking her cheek gently.

“I love you too Dai." I whispered and then speed off towards my home, trying to ignore the fast beat of my heart.