Chapter 5

I stayed silent on the car ride home. I was upset at myself, I hardly knew this man and he hardly knew me! Sure Hunter was my mate but it didn't mean I should rush into things. Sighing I shook my head as I stared out the window. There are so many things that we don't know about each other, hell I didn't even know his favorite color, yet I felt so right in his arms.

"Are you okay?" Hunter looked worried his dark eyes scanned my face for some clue of what could be bothering me, I sighed and shook my head running my hands through my amber hair.

"What's your favorite color Hunter?" I blurted out, blushing slightly I looked at him waiting for him to answer the question.

"Green, why?" Hunter raised his eyebrows slightly his eyes on the curvy road ahead of them, "What's your favorite color?"

"Silver. “I answered immediately, " And because, we know nothing about each other, hunter except that we are mates, we don't know anything about each other's lives, likes, dislikes, favorite childhood memory. We don't know anything about one another." I could see Hunters eyes darken as he got where I was going, I hurried to reassure him. “I just mean maybe we should take it slow you know?  And get to know one another?" I looked at him biting my lip as I saw the expression on his face but soon his brow relaxed and he smiled a little.

"Okay Dai," Hunter smiled at her, “If that’s what you want." I let out a sigh of relief glad that Hunter understood where I was coming from, and wasn't mad. We fell silent again and I kept peeking at him through my hair, there so many things I wanted to tell him, but was unsure how to.

"Hunter?" I whispered breaking the stretching silence.

"Yes?" He too kept his voice low as if he realized I was about to share something really important with him.

"Hunter I've...” I hesitated and took a deep breath starting over, “When I first found out I was a succubus I had woken up next to my dead boyfriend, with several men standing around me, in some sort of uniform, they kidnapped me." I paused to peek at hunter, his hands were grasped tightly on the steering wheel but he was listening so I continued. “They had knocked me out with chloroform; their leader was an incubus who was convinced that I was meant to be his. I escaped him, but at the cost of several lives," I looked out the window,” He is still looking for me, he is dangerous." Hunter sharply turned and pulled over on the side of the road causing me to grasp the oh shit handle as hard as I could, when he turned to look at me I saw anger in his eyes.

"Did he hurt you Dai?" Hunter shook my shoulders anger flaring in his eyes giving those red tints, “Dai did he touch you!" I just lowered my eyes and looked away from him tears running down my cheeks, he knew know, that I was spoiled no good.

"Yes," I whispered but then looked back at him again," but that’s not the point, it is dangerous Hunter, to be with me. If he finds me he will do everything to kill you." Hunter laughed humorlessly.

"Is that why you told me this? To give me a chance to back down?" He stared into my tear filled eyes, "Dai?" I nodded my answer.

"Hunter, I don't want you to get hurt, and my past is bad, I killed people to escape from that hell, some of them didn't even know what they did wrong." Tears were now flowing like floods as I tried to get him to understand. “I want us to go slow, but I want you to know that I’m not a pure package Hunter. I've been raped, beaten. And I have killed, tortured, stole and sacrificed." My eyes looked away from his shocked face. “And I don't know if I actually feel any guilt for torturing and killing those people." I spoke that last part in a whisper, and tried to continue. “When I met Murray I almost killed him I had been running for so long, he found me behind a dumpster hiding. He was a runaway at the time, after convincing me he was no threat, he helped me kill over 100 incubi that were under that man’s rule. We left a string of murders and robberies behind us, before we finally made it back to our families."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hunter POV

I listened to Dais confession shocked, but not upset. I simply wanted to rip that man’s heart out with my bare hands. Seeing that she was crying I smoothed her hair back from her face comforting her. “Dai didn't you know that succubus kill anything in their path that reeks of blood, once they've been abused?" Dai looked at me confused, I sighed and smoothed her hair back again. "Several thousands of years ago succubus were made by the ancient Gods. They were made to keep men on their toes, succubuses were sacred, and they had a duty that has been long forgotten except in old legends, they were to protect the innocents of the earth. If a single man touched a succubus without her consent she would kill anything and anybody that had once abused a child or women. It takes a lot to calm a pissed succubus down, and the humans simply decided to depict them as monsters during the start of the sixteenth century, driven insane by the sudden burst of abuse many succubae became just that, monsters. Dai, it's not your fault you killed those men, and whoever they were probably deserved it. Your soul is one of the purest I've seen in a long time, and I'm not afraid to stand up for it. I won't let that man touch you again Dai, if he decides to come looking for you, we will be ready." I kissed her gently watching as tears flowed down her soft cheeks, she looked up at me and cracked a small smile.

"Thank you Hunter." She whispered. I grinned and pulled back onto the road wondering what I could do to take her mind of things.

"Oh I know!" I snapped my fingers and laughed at her completely confused look, “Let’s play the question game, you ask a question and I have to answer and then it’s my turn to ask a question. You game?" Dai laughed and nodded probably guessing it was my attempt to help her get to know me better, she bit her lip thinking before finally speaking.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes four brothers and a sister. Do you like chocolate?" I laughed as she gave me an are you stupid look, “Okay, how about this do you have any favorite hobbies?"  Dais face lit up and I laughed, she was so beautiful and she always made me smile.

"I like boxing, and reading." Dai said grinning at me; I smiled back my heart thumping in my chest causing me to subconsciously rub my hand across it. “What’s your favorite thing to do on holidays?" Dai asked her green eyes curious, I had to grin, there was such a dirty answer I could give but I knew it would just make her mad if I didn't answer truthfully.

"I like to run and bake." I admitted grinning at her stunned look.

"You like to bake?" Dai burst out laughing, “The big bad wolf likes to bake?" Dai doubled over and I stuck my tongue out at her laughing form.

"Well, I'm glad you find that so amusing." I said dryly catching on to this she stifled a giggle and gave me wide puppy eyes; I just shook my head and asked her the first question that popped into my mind. "What's your favorite flower?

"Lilies." She answered back immediately, “Your favorite movie?"

"Dracula." I admitted reluctantly, I watched as she bit her lip to keep from laughing again, “What’s your favorite type of music?"

"Anything but rap," She seemed to consider that for a moment before revising her statement, " Well except Eminem he's okay. What's your favorite thing to do in the snow?"

I thought about it for a moment then grinned, “Snowball fights." She rolled her eyes at me and laughed, “what’s your favorite animal?" I asked, this question had an ulterior motive, as and Alpha I can talk to all animals, and if I could find one to agree to protect her she would be safe even when I wasn't around.

"Big cats." She replied and then groaned. “Aww we're at my house.” She muttered I looked out the window to see that we were in fact approaching her house sighing I pulled over and looked at her, her amber hair fell in waves down her back ,her pearl pins lost somewhere in the wood, her dress was wrinkled and messy, her feet bare and dirty. I grinned she looked amazing, I roughly took her face in my hand unable to control myself anymore and kissed her roughly, tasting her lips and mouth as she wrapped her arms around my neck. Gasping I reluctantly broke our kiss and nuzzled her neck.

"See you soon?" I whispered in her ear.

"Definitely." She grinned and got out of the car, watching her go I grinned when I saw she was moving her ass a bit more than usual, she definitely knew I was watching.