Chapter 65 - Ade Ori Mi

Ajinke's POV;

It was like a dream when I saw Asake standing in front of the Palace. My mind could come up with no explanation and nothing I thought of at the moment made sense. I didn't know if it was her ghost I was looking at. But if it was her ghost why didn't she appear to me all this while? Why would she choose to appear to me now?

My heartbeat accelerates as I tried to take a step toward her. But I black out. Was that a hallucination or was it for real?

I open my eyes and find that I am in the prince's bedroom. I'm in the room with the king, the Iya Oba, and other maids. But despite how happy I am to see the royal family, my eyes only dart at one person in particular.

Asake.

She looks more beautiful than I can remember. She looks fine. Draped in her beautiful maid's attire.

"Asake, is that you? "I question in disbelief and a smile splits her face. Everyone turns to her and that makes me realize that I am not the only person who can see her. She isn't dead!

"Yes... It's me, my dear friend... "She replies and tears instantly build in my eyes.

I quickly sit up as she comes closer to me, and sits by me at the edge of the bed.

"But... How... How?? "Are the only words I manage to say, and she smiles.

"Yes, I had left my body. I could see the light. But the closer I got to the light, the harder it was for me to move. Your voice and tears kept pulling me away from the light... "She replies, and I stare in awe.

"I would have died. But your voice saved me. There's something about you that extraordinary... Your pleas for my life reached the goddess, and she sent me back. "She adds, and I can't stop my tears from falling.

"I didn't die, but I was weak. Very weak. The king's guard came to pick me up and took me to Yemoja. He said you permitted him to go and find his sister, and because he was able to save her, he felt saving me would be the best way to thank you. "She continues.

"Yemoja helped me heal. And now... I'm standing here. Living and fine. All thanks to you, and the goddess... "She finishes, and I pull her into a hug.

I never believed I'd see my best friend again. I never believed I'd live such a moment as this. My tears fall heavily, and everyone exits the room for us.

Then I narrate all that happened, to Asake, and she tells me how distraught the entire village had been after our disappearance, and how Muyiwa had been coming back here to put up acts that he's distressed about my disappearance.

She then informs me that immediately after we arrived, the king was rushed over to Yemojas place for treatment, and the queen is currently there with him, and that is why she's not here yet.

We then chat for some time, before she decides to leave me to rest from the journey, and I smile. It still feels so surreal that she's alive...

***************
Third Person's Narrative;

It's been weeks since Ajinke, and the prince returned, and the prob has healed remarkably. Tonight is their long-awaited wedding night. They'd be getting married tonight, before the entire village.

"I still can't believe we're finally getting married. "Ajinke says nervously as she sits beside the prince on the altar and the prince smile.

"Oh, I believe it. And the goddess alone knows how many things I plan to do to you, tonight... "The prince replies, and Ajinke blushes.

"Oh, prince. Don't speak so highly of yourself. You're not fully recovered, remember? "Ajinke teases, and the prince shakes his head.

"You underestimate me, my queen... "He replies with a mischievous grin, and Ajinke blushes.

The wedding ceremony goes on peacefully, and Ajinke can't take her eyes off Ronke who's dancing happily in the crowd. Ronke had been released by the queen, after Ajinke and the prince begged her to. It feels good to know that she's a changed person now.

However, another highlight of the day, is how king Adedamola Jagunmolu, is staring at Ronke. He hasn't taken his eyes off her for a single moment. Captivated by her pure beauty and heavenly figure...

The village is buzzing with sounds of celebrations. And the once ridiculed, lonely orphan, has now become queen of the village... Who would have ever thought?

*************
Prince Adebiyi's POV;

I step into my bedroom, and find my bride, sitting nervously in the middle of my bed. I smile as I shut the door from inside, and although she heard the sound, she refuses to look up.

It's amazing that despite all we've been through, we're still here, together, and now married. We were able to overcome every obstacle that popped up on our path.

While in Olakunle, there were times I thought I would die. But I didn't... Thanks to the goddess, and Ayobami, who allowed the goddess to use her.

Ayobami and Asake are now my queen's personal maids, and Kayode is my personal bodyguard now.

"You're very beautiful, do you know that? "I say to my bride, and I see a heavy blush take up her face.

I move towards the bed and sit gently behind her.

"You're mine, now Ajinke. Till death tears us apart. "I reply, and she quickly turns to me with horror in her eyes.

"Death would never tear us apart. We'd love together, and die together, my prince. Don't ever mention death to me, again... "She replies, and I smile.

I pull her into a hug and enjoy the feel of her fragile body in mine.

"*Iyawo oba... "I hail her, and she giggles in a blush as she hides her face in my chest.

*Iyawo oba=The kings bride

"*Ade ori mi... "She replies, and I chuckle as I wrap my arms around her more properly.

*Ade ori mi =The crown on my head

I'm excited to start a new life with Ajinke. My lovely, beautiful queen.

I think it's only fair for  me to inform you all that  we'd be coming to the end of this beautiful book at the next chapter...

And that there's also a surprise waiting for you there😏🤭

I also want to thank you all for all the love you've shown to this book of mine. I love you all immensely, and seeing your comments, votes and engagements with the book, encouraged me to keep going.

I love you all. Thank you so much🥺🥺🤍🤍🧁🤍🧁🤍🧁🤍🧁🤍🧁🤍🧁🤍🧁❤️🤍♥️🤍♥️🤍♥️🤍♥️🤍♥️🤍♥️🤍