Chapter Fourteen -Cheif Please

Adebiyi's POV;

If I'm going to settle down with anyone. It has to be the one. When I meet her, I'd know she's the one. The girls around me are just too simple and common.

My queen won't be like them. She'd be unique, different, she'd be...

"Ajinke!! "I hear one of the maids scream, and I look up and find Ajinke and Asake walking up to the third maid in a distance, with full fruit baskets in their hands.

"Walk fast *joor! "The third maid urges Asake and Ajinke who are walking at their own pace.

*Joor = Please. It can also be used as an exclamation.

Ajinke is walking calmly. She has beads on both her hands and her unique anklets, are making gentle jingles with each step she takes.

Her unbraided hair is held up in its usual style and is decorated with beads. Maids in this palace dress their best to seduce me and other men in the palace, but it seems Ajinke looks good even without putting in much effort.

The maids suddenly look in my direction, and my gaze connects with Ajinke's. The other maids bend lightly to greet me, but Ajinke's gaze stays on mine. I always sense fear from her whenever she sees me. Asake pulls her, and only then does she come back to earth, and face her front.

She increases her pace, and I smile lightly as she causes the other two to do the same.

She is young, but there's something about her that I don't find in the other women around. There's something that makes me curious about her. I want to know all there is to know about her.

Who her parents were, and every other detail. Both big and small.

I look to my back and find my guards standing at a distance behind me, waiting for me to move, so they can follow.

I begin my walk to my room, and Ajinke's innocent eyes flash before me.

*******
Ajinke's POV;

It's been about a month since I started teaching Motilayo how to dance the beta dance, and she has improved massively.

Asake and Muyiwa are cheering her on as she's currently competing with me while Asake and Muyiwa beat drums for us.

They aren't professional drummers, so their beats are not perfect, but they are trying.

I watch with pride as my little student gives her all, and tries her very best to defeat me. I stop to give her a round of applause because I know that if this challenge should continue, it will go on for a long time. Because neither of us will accept defeat.

I am forced to stop laughing when an unfamiliar figure shows up before the compound's gate. Motilayo's eyes widen, and Muyiwa stands to his feet.

Who is this man? I watch him open the gate and walk into the compound like he owns it. He then stands before Motilayo and me, and Motilayo kneels.

"Good afternoon, daddy. "She greets, and my heart snaps. Sweet heavens! This is chief Abiodun. I have never seen him in all my time teaching Motilayo and spending time with Muyiwa.

"Good morning, sir. "I greet. Bowing my head and bending my knees, and I hear Asake and Muyiwa greet him from behind.

"Who are you? "The man questions me, and I gulp.

"I'm... My name is Ajinke. I'm Motilayo's beta dancer teacher. "I reply, and he raises a brow and looks down at his daughter.

"Yes, daddy. She's the one I've been telling you about. "She says to him, and I smile lightly.

I watch from under my lashes as he looks me over.

"How old are you? "He questions, and my forehead creases. Do I need to be of a certain age before being able to teach his daughter?

"I'm 18 years old, sir. "I reply, and silence follows.

"So, you dance beta? "He questions, and I nod.

"Yes, sir. "

I watch him study me again, and his next words scare me beyond words.

"Come with me. "He orders and I raise my head in shock, fully to look at him.

"Sir? "I question, and he gives a nasty glare.

"Are you deaf? I said come with me. "He replies, and I look back at Asake and Muyiwa in fear.

"Sir, please... I just... "I begin, but he cuts me off.

"Don't worry. Just come. Come and dance for me. "He says as he takes hold of my wrist, and my heart explodes in my chest.

"Sir? "I question, and he doesn't reply. Rather, he starts pulling me towards the gate. He wants an 18-year-old to dance for him!?

"Daddy, stop it! She's not going anywhere! "I hear Muyiwa growl, and it fully dawns on me that this man has no good intentions towards me.

I watch chief Abiodun turn to Muyiwa in slow motion, and I gulp.

"What did you say? "He questions and Muyiwa replies to him

"I said she's not going anywhere with you! "He replies to his father.

"It seems you've grown wings. Take your sister and get back inside before I clip your wings and take away whatever is making you feel man enough to stand up to me! "Chief Abiodun barks at his son, and my heart sinks.

"Sir, please... "I begin to beg in fear.

"Shut up! Are you not a dancer!? Come and dance for me! I want to see how good you are. You either follow me, or I carry you. "The replies me, and I look back at Muyiwa in fear.

"Daddy, you can't do this! She's just a little... "Muyiwa begins,

"Will you shut up! Get back inside with your sister. Don't get me angry. You know what happens when you pull my strings! "He yells at Muyiwa, and I watch in horror as Muyiwa's hands fall.

I watch him take Motilayo's wrist and pull her into their hut.

"Muyiwa! Muyiwa!! "I scream in horror, but he doesn't look back.

He's just going to let his father take me!? Without a fight!? I thought he cared about me!

I watch in horror as chief Abiodun pulls me away, and Asake rushes up to him.

"Sir, please, sir. We're very sorry if we trespassed. It won't happen again. "She begs as she takes hold of his leg, but he kicks her off and keeps pulling me.

Asake watches in horror, and I get her plight. We are just maids. These chiefs and guards can do anything to us and no one would mind, nor fight for us. We are nothing but workers meant to dance to the tunes played for us.

The only things that saved us were humanity and dignity. But what happens when we come in contact with men in power like this who misuse their power?