52 - Please Help Me Through

Ajinke's POV;

It's nighttime, and I'm sitting at the foot of my and Adebiyi's bed. Tears are flowing down my face, but my mind is far gone.

My prince is missing, and my closest friend is gone. There's a dark heaviness above the palace, and I can feel it. The same way my heart was troubled for Asake, I feel that way for the prince.

I'm scared for him. Something just doesn't seem right.

"You're always beautiful, no matter what you do. Had anyone ever told you that? "A voice says from behind me, and my eyes widen in shock, but I refuse to turn around.

"Why do you look so sad, though? "He questions Ashe finally makes his way to my front and stoops before me.

"Is it because of the missing prince? "He questions and I glare up at him with tons of emotions running through my head.

"Oh, don't worry. He's not missing. He's been kidnapped.

By me. I know where he is. "He says, and a cord snaps in my head as I look at him in disbelief.

"You don't believe me? I knew you wouldn't. So, I brought this, as proof. "He adds, as he pulls out a familiar piece of cloth from his bag, and my heart falls into my stomach, on seeing the cloth.

It's the other half of Adebiyi's wrapper. The other half of the same wrapper that was shown to the king this morning.

I grab the cloth from him, and he smirks. He stands to his feet, and I stare at him in discomfort.

"You did this? You caused the chaos? How could you!? "I scream at him, and he glares at me.

"If you value your prince's life, I'd advise you to stop shouting. "He says, and tears fill my eyes.

"How could you do this to your own people? How could you do something so cold? "I question as I feel my heart clench, and he stares at me with no emotion in his eyes.

"Do you have any idea, the kind of damage you caused? You... You killed my best friend. The only friend I've ever had. You killed her! "I cry, and I see something flash in his eyes. Something that looks like pity.

"You killed my best friend... "I cry and crash on the bed behind me, as I remember her still body and silent face.

"Ajinke... I didn't mean to kill her. I did all this for you. For us. To have you back in my life. "He says as he bends before me, and takes hold of my shoulders.

I look into his eyes in anger, and irritation clothes me.
"Why don't you understand that I don't love you? I was never in your life, to begin with... "I reply lowly, and anger explodes in his eyes.

"Don't ever say that to me. "He growls as he suddenly pulls me closer to him, and I shriek in fear.

"When I say I love you, I mean it.
Completely. "He says, looking me dead in the eyes, and I gulp.

"Completely..."He mutters as he begins to rub his palm against the bare parts of my back.

"Stop it. "I say in fear, but he ignores me.

"I love you completely... "He says as his other hand begins to slide under my wrapper, and my heart begins to pump in fear.

I throw my foot between his legs, and he crunches over in pain, giving me the chance to scurry away. I stand in a corner of the room beside the bed and watch as he tries his best to overcome the pain, while not making enough noise to drag the attention of the guards outside.

Although I have no idea how they didn't hear my voice since. I don't want to scream, as I don't want to do anything that would bring harm to the prince. I don't know what this monster plans to do with him, and I can't put him in trouble.

He suddenly looks up at me, and I gulp in fear.
"If you ever want to see your prince again, come to the back of my old house, tonight at midnight. If you're absent, you'd be held responsible for whatever doom befalls the prince.

Also, don't try to act smart. Don't inform anyone about this. Trust me, I have no regard for the prince's life. "He says before jumping out of the window, and my throat dries up.

First, he took the prince, and now he wants me to come to his old house by midnight. What is he up to? What do I do? I don't want to risk the prince's life.

Should I to someone?
********************

"Hello? "I call as I approach the back of Muyiwa's old house, but I'm met by emptiness and the songs of the crickets.

"Hello? "I call again, and suddenly, a male comes out of the corner before me. Causing me to scream in fear.

His face is painted in thick, black lines that disguise most of his face. He's so huge and intimidating. His frame under the moonlight makes him look like a terror that can do and undo anything.

I make to turn away from him in fear but scream when I find another man with similar features behind me.

"Master Muyiwa has ordered us to convey you safely to him. "The first male says in a voice so deep and heavy, that it shakes my chest.

I turn to him as I try to swallow my fear, and I find his gaze keen on me. I look like an ant, standing between these two, towering men.

"He's... He's not here? "I question,

"No. "The second replies, and I gulp.

"Where is he? "I question, and they both fall silent. Causing my stomach to twist in ever, building fear. Why is the goddess putting me through these tests?? Did I commit some sort of sin?

I keep walking into the dense forest with these men, and soon my legs begin to ache. I think it's time I pull through with my plan.

"I want to pee. "I say as I stop walking, and the two men stop behind me. I turn to them and find that they are giving each other looks.

"I want to pee. I can't keep moving if I don't ease myself, now. "I add, and one of the shuts his eyes in surrender.

"Go behind that tree. "He orders, and I nod.

I get to the back of the tree, and when I see that their nit looking in my direction, I sneak to another tree which is not too far away and climb it. I hide properly in the tree, and soon, the men start calling out to me.

"Come out now. That's enough time to pee. "One says, and I put my hand over my mouth as I pray that this plan works.

They call out to me a few more times, and when they are met with silence, they come over to the tree. On finding me absent, they visibly start panicking and searching around for me. However, I remain still, and silent.

Dear goddess, please help me through with this...