Chapter 34 - A Vision

I'm so sorry for the late update. Yesterday was my matriculation ceremony, and I have tests on Monday.

I'm quite occupied. Please try to understand ❣️

Third Persons Narrative;

It's celebration night, and everyone is gathered in a massive circle, with the royal family sitting on their thrones watching. The maids are dancing around the fire.

Ajinke is sitting and laughing at her friend Asake who is rolling her small waist to the beat of the drums. And at Ronke who is trying her best to show dance skills, the goddess did not bless her with.

The drummers soon switch to beta beats, and Ajinke's Heart skips a beat as Asake pauses to face her. She knows Asake is planning to drag her out, so she quickly rises to her feet.

As she tries to walk off, Asake chases after her and grabs her wrist.

“Come out and dance. ” Asake pleads, and Ajinke glares at her.

“Not in front of all these people. ” Ajinke whispers back, and Asake pouts. Unknown to them, they had caught the attention of the Iya Oba.

“What's going on? ” The Iya Oba questions and everyone falls silent.

“I only wanted her to come and dance with me. She dances beta very well. ” Asake replies, and the Iya Oba gets slightly intrigued.

“You dance beta? ” She questions Ajinke, and Ajinke gulps.

“Yes, your highness. ” She replies, and the Iya Oba smiles.

“Dance for us, then. If you don't mind. ” The queen mother says, and Ajinke freezes. Her icon just asked her to dance for her.

She wouldn't give this moment up for anything!

Ajinke gulps and nods, and makes her way to the middle of the gigantic circle, with almost the whole Akomojo village watching.

She turns to the drummers and nods. They nod back, and she takes position. One leg forward, her buttocks pushed back, the other leg bent, with one hand in the air behind her, and the other, resting on the straightened leg.

The drummers start with slow, counted beats, and suddenly dive into the real deal. Ajinke who's a professional in the dance her grandmother taught her for years, attacks the dance like a pro.

The crowd begins to cheer and hail, and the king and queen have grand smiles of excitement on their faces, while the Iya Oba wears a neutral look as she assesses the young woman dancing with so much vigor and strength. The prince, on the other hand, is smiling lightly as he's studying the young dancer.

She's emitting so much power and yet so much grace. The queen mother watches as Ajinke rolls her shoulders and a small smile crawls up her face as she is impressed by the professionality of the young lady's dance and the flawlessness and grace of every move.

To the people of Akomojo, the beta dance is a communication link between the people and the goddess, therefore, whoever dances it well enough, will either evoke the spirit of the goddess or gain a vision from her.

Ajinkes POV;

I am dancing with my eyes closed, and I suddenly begin to feel feverish. Yemojas words begin to play in my head, and I suddenly begin to see a blurred vision. People are running for fear of their lives, there's fire burning everywhere, and I am crying. There seems to be a dead body in my hands…

I begin to feel tipsy as I'm about to see whose body is in my arms. But the horrid feeling of exhaustion consumes me, and I am forced to open my eyes as I feel as forms of strength exit my body.