one

I cant believe I  have to go to this fucking boarding school.
It's so unfair.
It's not like my parents cared about us anyways.
I don't understand why they were so upset, They barely remembered his birthday.

But here I was.
In this stupid dining hall, getting my chores for the day.
Listening to instructors who couldn't give a shit about any of us.

....

Alice sat in the back, waiting for her name to be called and assigned to a chore period.
Her legs lay crossed up on the desk, the news playing quietly on the radio in the background.
She was listening to it hard.
It was boring and completely fake, but it was better than listening to these pricks who were pretending to help us.

16 year old wanted. blonde hair, brown eyes.
estimated around 6'
considered armed and dangerous for the murder of an individual.
if seen please contact local police.

'Ugh, I bet it's that damn Ek family again' she thought to herself.
She didn't understand.
She accidentally drowns her little brother and gets thrown into a boarding school but the entire Ek family can murder people for years and not face any consequences. It made no sense.
Alice was quickly pulled away from her racing thoughts as she heard her name being called.

"Alice Andersson?"

Alice stood up from her seat and slowly made her way to the front of the dining hall where the instructor greeted her before handing over the chore paper.

'lot duty' , it read

She groaned as she walked towards the big iron doors in the back.
Faint police sirens could be heard in the distance as she stood outside, taking in the cold September air.

Ignoring the front lot, Alice made her way to the back alley, shoving garbage bags back into the dumpster.

Alice hit the ground hard, her vision spinning as she was grabbed by the hand and drug behind a dumpster.
She started to yell, which led to a hand getting placed over her mouth.

"Shhh quiet" a males voice spoke.

The sirens she heard before passed by and she watched the lights fade out into the distance.

It was only now that she realized he had his arm around her waist, the other hand still being over her mouth, and his head leaned down on her shoulder.

The boy exhaled deeply and slowly brought his hand down from her mouth, "fuck that was close"
Grabbing his arms, Alice threw them off of her, quickly pinning him by his shoulders to the ground.

"Who the hell are you and what do you think you are doing" Alice spoke, threateningly.

She froze as she finally saw who she was looking at.
He was gorgeous.
Before she even had a second thought, the boy had moved his hands, which were now squeezed around her shoulders, and slammed her into the back wall.

"Now, you are going to be quiet while I explain okay?"

She nodded, as he moved and sat next to her. Closely.

She stared at him, not hearing a word he was saying.
He had long blonde hair and his eyes were a soft golden brown.
A small cut above his eye was bleeding.
He suddenly stopped talking.
'oh shit did he ask me something?', she panicked for a second before he smiled at her, laying his head on her shoulder.

"So, what's your story?" he looked up, awkwardly making eye contact before looking away.

Alice sat up in an upright posture, which caused the boy to move and sit up.
Looking at him with a soft smile, she took the sleeve of her shirt and carefully wiped the blood off of his face.

"Careful it hurts" he said shakily, wincing from the pain.
Her smile faded as she looked into his eyes and he looked back.
Breaking eye contact, she held out her hand for him to shake it.

"Alice Andersson"

He smiled, taking her hand in his.

"Linus Ek"