Witches Before Wizards

Luz: It wasn't a dream. Good morning, terrifying fantasy world.

Monster: Good morning.

Luz: Good morning, you little cutie pie.

King: I am not your cutie-pie!

Luz: Yes, you are.

King: I know.

Hooty: Hi, Luz. Ow! I'm just wishing you a good morning. Geez. Hoot. Ow.

"Trust me, it was nothing compared to what Amity did when Hooty scared her." Luz said.

"she's right."

Luz: Sorry, Hooty. This is it, old girl. Your first day on the Boiling Isles as a witch apprentice. Hyah! Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes.

Raine chuckled. "Oh, you don't know Eda in the morning." Raine said.

"Yeah...she's not a morning person." Lilith said.

"Same here but in my world I work day shifts  that require me to be there at at 6:30 and I wake up at 5:30 in the morning," Rea agreed.

Eda: Hmm?

Luz: Good morning, Eda the Owl Lady. I am ready for my first day of Witch Apprenticeship.

Eda: Ugh. Who are you again?

"Huh, we could of sent the scouts in the morning. It might have been easier to capture you, Eda." Lilith said. Hunter nodded.

Luz: Remember me? Luz? Ahh! We freed the oppressed and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday?

Eda: Kid, lay off the details. I haven't even had my cup of apple blood yet.

Luz: You mean apple juice?

Eda: No.

Luz: Teach me some spells. When do I get a magic staff? Was I supposed to bring my own runes? Do you have a dangerous magical quest for me?

Eda: Whoa, whoa. Slow down, kid. Being a witch doesn't happen overnight. Also, you're wrapped in a bathrobe and wearing the dirtiest traffic cone I've ever seen. But a magic staff, huh? You really want one?

Luz: More than anything.

Eda: Magic staff, come to me. It's early. Now, witches are awarded their staffs from school. With me as your teacher, you'll be taking a different approach. You'll have to work for it. I run a few businesses. On weekends, I offer rare human treasures that Owlbert drags over from your side of the realm. But most days I only sell the finest homemade elixirs and potions.

Luz: Snake oil.

Eda: No one wants an unoiled snake. Follow me. Today you will deliver packages and sell potions to that town over there. Bonesborough. You'll have to be careful. I have rivals everywhere who'd love to take my business down and you along with it. You wanted a dangerous magical quest? Sister, you've got one.

Luz: I won't let you down, Miss Eda.

"I think you already have. If you were in the Emperor's  coven, Luz. You'd be dead or replaced." Hunter said pained laced in hiss voice.

"Is the Emperor's Coven really that bad?" Camila asked concerned about the blonde hair boy.

"Yes." Responded all those who used to be in the coven.

Eda: I'm sure. Remember, never befriend a man in sandals and always measure twice, cut once. Good luck. I hate to interrupt your power nap, but you have to go with her.