Hellfire

A/n: this is inspired by a tik tok I saw on my fyp, credits to them :))

The small group of six sat in Mike's room, will was visiting them for winter break. He had recently moved to California, and was missing his friends dearly.

"Then Dustin literally flipped Mike's dad off, and we were chased down the driveway." Max snickered, recalling the moment that happened a week prior.

"Dude, Dustin has a hatred for my dad I swear." Mike shook his head, laughing.

"That's right," Dustin pointed to Mike. "I do." He giggled with them.

"Anyways," Max started. "El, will, how's the hotel? And how's califronia?"

El smiled. "The hotel sucks, but our house at California is great! School kinda sucks though." She shrugged at the last sentence.

"Yeah," Will laughed. "The hotel is disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if the beds have bugs." He shivered.

"Well, it's Hawkins. What do you expect?" Lucas laughed.

Dustin laughed. "Oh, oh! I remember this one time, in the hellfire club, ed-" Mike cut Dustin off by covering his mouth, shushing him.

Will and El turned their heads. "Hellfire club?" Will asked.

"Oh uh- it's a uhm- it's the AV club in the highschool." Mike stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

Will raised an eyebrow. "Then why is it called hellfire?"

"What?" Max shook her head. "I thought it was a DnD club?" She made a confused sassy face.

"Yeah- didn't Erica help you guys that one time?" Lucas looked at max, then back at Mike.

The color drained from wills face, and you could see it. "A DnD club? Are you guys messing with me?"

"Uh..no? They're not- they have a shirt of the club." Lucas looked at Mike, catching on to what was happening.

Mike was visibly distressed. This is not how he wanted it to go.

Will shook his head. "Really? You said that you wouldn't join another party." He yelled, getting up.

Mike followed his actions. "I didn't say that-"

"You practically did. You didn't want me to join another party." Will barked, looking at Mike.

"I just- its not the same without you." Mike looked down.

"That doesn't even matter! Last summer you guys denied everytine I wanted to play DnD. But as soon as I leave you guys join a different party!" He yelled, his voice breaking.

"You moved! What else were we supposed to do?" Mike yelled back.

"Well, I don't know, maybe not be An ass. Play with the people you got? Or don't join a different fucking party!" Will slightly pushed Mike away from him.

"It's not even that deep!" Mike rolled his eyes.

"Not that deep? Oh so we're not that deep. Our friendship isn't that deep. It was our thing. OUR thing. We've been playing DnD since we were 7 Mike.." will looked down, his voice breaking even more.

Mike was silent for a moment. "It's not like that. If you could join you would love i-"

"No, mike!" Will yelled. "Fuck you, you don't care! You're only saying that cause you want me to make me feel better. You don't actually mean it." Will bent down to grab his jacket, getting ready to leave.

"It seems like I'm the problem here. You don't want to do anything with me anymore. Am I too boring for you? Im just the 3rd wheel every fucking day. I get ignored, and shut out. I get interrupted all the time. Nobody cares." He stood there, staring at Mike.