Ms. Officer

I was standing on the corner with my friends. A police car came down the street. We had stuff on us. My friend cursed under his breath. We tried to act cool as we slowly moved away from the sidewalk. The cop sounded its siren and then pulled in front of us.

If the cop searched us, we were ready to run. Then I saw who it was and sighed.

"Everybody, stop what you're doing. I just got a call about some suspicious activity."

She walked straight up to me, grabbed my hands, and put them behind my back.

"What the fuck?" I said.

"You know what you did. Don't even play with me," she said. The cuffs clicked behind my back.

"Yo, he didn't do anything," my friend called out.

"Shut up," she yelled. "Do ya'll want a ride too?"

They all shut up fast.

"That's what I thought."

I ducked my head as she shoved me into the backseat of her cruiser. "Get in there," she said and slammed the door behind me.

We drove off in silence.

I looked up into the rearview mirror. Our eyes met. I could tell by the crinkle in the corners of her eyes that she was smiling. Diana was cute. I couldn't help but smile big too and look off into the distance like what the fuck. Nothing was said. She looked left and right down the street before turning, and then she turned again into some empty parking space, behind a building, where we were hidden.

She got out and came around to the back seat with me, slamming the door behind her. Diana climbed on top of me, straddling me.

"What's my crime, Ms. Officer," I asked.

"Failure to come and see me last night. I told you where I was at. I've been wanting to see you. What's up? Why did you do me like that?"

She removed her duty belt from around her waist and set it aside. The walkie talkie went off every couple of minutes.

"I got a little bit busy. I'm sorry. And you were farther away than you said you were going to be," I said. Diana put on a pouty face; that meant, 'busy', wasn't a detailed enough answer. She wasn't getting more out of me though. "I was busy," I repeated. "Give me a kiss."

She kissed me. Her lips tasted sweet.

"I miss you, and I feel like sometimes you don't miss me," she said.

"Stop with all that. You know I miss you. I text you and you don't text me back, hardly."

"I'm working all the time. You know I can't respond! Don't be mean."

"Whatever, take these handcuffs off, they're hurting my wrist," I said, twisting to gain some relief from the pain.

"Not till I get a real answer. What were you doing last night?" She raised her eyebrows with attitude.

"I wasn't with a girl, and... I think you sometimes forget you're a cop." She must've forgotten who my friends were and what we do sometimes.

"What," she gasped, "You know I would never do that to you," she said, slapping my face.

"I think it's better we just keep some parts of our lives separated."

Anger washed over her face as she stared at me. Her brows knitted together in contemplation and she bit the corner of her lip. It was cute. She was thinking something.

"You piss me off," she said.

"Take these handcuffs off," I said.

"No."