𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝗼

As soon as Sara, Ranmaru and I entered the room, Maple gave us a bright beam.

"Ah!" she said. "Sara, Ranmaru, (Name)! You came as a group this time... I'm glad you came back!"

"H-Hey..." Sara quietly said.

"I'll get tea. Tell me how it's been for you three." Maple walked off and began preparing cups.

"Well..." Ranmaru whispered. "For now, let's talk, and be careful not to offend her..."

"Right..." I muttered.

"It's ready! Let's have a relaxing chat!" Maple beamed warmly and handed us cups of tea. "Well, shall we have a tea party? Here you go! Can you tell what this is by the smell?"

"It's chamomile," Sara answered. She must drink tea often, because I had absolutely no clue.

"Correct!" Maple said. "I'm glad, Sara. You know your tea!"

Sara nervously laughed. "Well.."

"Nice one, Sara..." Ranmaru whispered. "Let's keep it up and act friendly..."

"Hey, hey, I had a question for you two..." Maple turned to Sara and Ranmaru. "Have you gotten friendly with each other? I'll be happy if you have..."

"Yeah, we're on pretty good terms now," Sara said.

"Good, I'm glad!" Maple said. "I always believed you two could become friends!"

"Friends, huh..." Ranmaru muttered.

"Have you gotten friendly with anyone (Name)?" Maple asked.

"No," I bluntly responded. Ranmaru nudged me in the arm.

"You're all acting a little strange..." Maple noticed. "You seem nervous, like you want to talk to me about something. Am I wrong?"

"Actually... there's something I want to talk about!" Sara admitted.

"Sara... You look so serious! I'll answer...! Come to think of it, I never properly introduced myself, did I? I mean, I told (Name) but I doubt they said anything about it. I'm the Obstructor Maple. But right now, I'm your discussion partner."

"So you really are the..!" Ranmaru faltered. "Uh, so, your name's Maple?"

"Yeah! I'm happy to hear you use my name, Ranmaru. Hey, could it be you three...Want to ask about Hiyori...?"

I let out a quiet groan.

"Yes... We want to know!" Sara said.

"Please tell us, Maple...!" Ranmaru agreed.

"I really like Hiyori..." Maple blushed slightly. "I'm in love with him. But Hiyori doesn't like me yet. But we're getting closer, little by little."

I stifled a laugh and the words left my mouth before I could process what I was saying. "You have bad taste."

Ranmaru punched me in the arm and it actually ended up stinging a little. "Maybe it was a bad idea to bring you along..."

"Oh it's fine," Maple insisted. "I know (Name) and Hiyori don't have the greatest relationship. If either of you two had've said that though, I would never forgive.."