𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

All of the body parts of the doll had been put together. Yet, nothing happened. I sucked in a large breath.

"..Wait," Q-Taro said, "you guys smell somethin'?"

"Huh?!" Nao began panicking.

The room slowly began to go white.

"Is it just me," Joe asked, "or is the room going white?"

"It's gas..!" Keiji said.

"P..Poison?!" Shin asked. "Not good.. we need to leave the room."

Before we knew it, the entire room was completely white. I couldn't even see past my own hands. I had to live. I needed to beat the crap out of Sou...

"It's not poison gas everyone," a cheerful voice said. "So please, relax!"

As the gas cleared in front of us, the doll from earlier grinned. She talked and laughed as if she'd been a literal person.

"Ahaha!" She beamed at us. "Good day!"

"You're the doll..!" I said.

She laughed again. "Yes. I am the doll that you just rescued! Advanced, am I not?"

"Haaah?!" Reko yelled. "The hell's goin' on here?!"

"Ahaha." The doll beamed yet again. "As it happens, I have revived to tell you what is happening, and support you through the trials and tribulations to come."

She seemed extremely happy and cheerful. It was almost like a super sweet candy that made your mouth hurt when you ate it. Looking at her made my head hurt.

"Stay away from me, you creepy-ass puppet!!" Reko stepped far away from the doll.

The doll laughed. Again. "There's nothing to fear, you see? I will offer you all support..."

Nao tried to say something, but couldn't get a single word out.

The doll sighed, getting tired of all of us. "Is there no one here who can speak calmly?"

"I'll ask," Sara put on a stern look. "Just what are you?"

"Tell the friendly policeman too," Keiji said. "I'm not really following here..."

The doll snickered. "Then we'll begin with my introduction.. Heehee. My name is Sue Miley, the Laughing Doll. I am the doll who will guide you on this floor. Ehee. My master has instructed me to guide you brave souls, who have overcome several trials, to the Main Game."

I felt my body jolt when she said that. "Ah... Main Game?"

Sou had mentioned it in his note. Apparently, he didn't want me to perish during it.

Miley gave me a mischievous smile. "Surely you recognize what I'm talking about, don't you (Name)? Don't worry too much! You're quite the strong one and you've definitely got someone on our side routing for your escape!"

I could feel everyone's eyes on me for a second. I didn't say anything to that. Sure enough, my brother had something to do with this... I wouldn't even be shocked if he magically programmed this doll to psychologically torture me while I was here.

"In other words," Keiji pointed out, "you're on the side of the kidnappers."

"S... So you're our enemy?!" Joe asked. "Don't try and say you're not!!"

Miley began to laugh hysterically. "How very serious!"

"Stop laughin' asshole!" Reko gritted her teeth. "You wanna die?!"

She laughed yet again. It was beginning to become ear piercing. "I'd rather not... No, I wouldn't like to be all torn up again... Ehee... heehee... I know... I just have to tear you up first..."