𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Silence. An incredibly loud silence that could make your ears hurt.

"Heehee... What do you think of the results?" Miley asked. "Six will proceed to the final vote. Kanna Kizuchi."

Kanna looked even more pale than before.

"Kai Satou."

Kai didn't seem to have any sort of emotion on his face.

"Jou Tazuna."

Joe had his hands on his hips with a nervous expression. "W-Why me..?"

"Sou Hiyori."

Shin had his arms crossed. "I see..."

"(Name) (Surname). Or would you prefer Hiyori?" She gave me a smug grin as she said that.

I couldn't help but glare at her. "Shut up."

"And Sara Chidouin."

For the first time, I saw a pure look of anxiety on Sara's face.

"A-Am I safe...?" Q-Taro asked.

"Y-You're kidding?!" Alice asked. "Me too?! Woohoo!!"

Reko smacked Alice's head and gave him a scowl. "Dumbasses!! It's the next part that's seriously bad!!"

"Our votes..." Keiji said, uneasily, "will decide our fates."

"D-Do we... have to choose...?" Nao asked.

"Big sis Sara..." Gin murmured.

Sara seemed to be having a small panic attack. I couldn't blame her. Simply because Shin randomly suspected her, it could end up costing her life. And if what she said about being Keymaster was the truth...

"Get a grip, Sara!!" Keiji yelled.

Keiji saying that seemed to snap Sara out of her trance.

"Erm, I mean..." Keiji awkwardly put his hand on his neck. "Hey now, Sara. Your friendly policeman's with ya. Listen, everybody. We need to narrow it down to just one person. Forget your sympathy and your grudges. Just remember the roles. If we choose the Keymaster or Sacrifice, we all die..."

"Y-Yes, indeed!!" Alice said, looking slightly guilty. "We're far from safe at all, absolutely!!"

"Oh!" Reko said. "Hey, is one of us a Sage?!"

"If we've got a Sage on our side," Nao noted, "they'll know who's the Keymaster...!"

No one responded.

"Don't tell me..." Gin muttered. "There isn't, meow...?!"

"This's the worst...!!" Q-Taro complained. "So it's one of the six?!"

"Nothing to be done..." Keiji said. "There's only one course of action. Have the six prove it with words. Isn't that right, Sara?"

"Exactly." Sara seemed to have her regular spirit back. "I'll prove to you who the real Keymaster is!!"

"Good," Keiji said, eyes softening. "Remember people's words and actions in discussion... That's where the path to victory lies."

Miley giggled. "The final 20 minutes... Please use this endlessly short time effectively. I'll be praying... you don't all perish. Aheehee."

Miley sat down yet again, signalling the start of the final round.

"...Alright," Keiji said, "let's not be hasty. Anyone wants to confess their role, go ahead..."

"I..." Kanna mumbled, "I have nothing to say."

"K-Kanna.." Nao murmured.

"I have little to say myself," Kai said. "You are free to imagine as you wish."