𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I laid in a bed and although I was tired, I knew I wouldn't get an ounce of sleep.

Miley had told us we had a certain amount of time to go up to the third floor. I made the assumption that we'd be staying for some time, since there were hotel-like rooms in the area.

Keiji said that we should all try to get some rest, but I couldn't bring myself to. I just found myself reflecting back on everything.

Kai completely outed me. I could clearly see the difference in how people treated me. Especially since I hadn't elaborated on what Kai said, everyone currently had the belief that I was on the kidnappers. Even when I tried talking to Gin, I could tell he had a bit of uneasiness in him.

I couldn't necessarily blame him. Or any of them. It likely would be even better that way.

With what Kai said, I knew without a doubt Asunaro was behind all of this. I only had a feeling after finding out Sou was involved, but the new information was just the icing on the cake. It was weird. I'd never seen Kai or even Miley while I worked. Asunaro clearly didn't want some of their workers to know about their deeper secrets.

Alice killed Sou. I almost wanted to express my gratitude to him for it. Sou.. I'd found another note in this room. It sat right on the chair by my bed. It read:

If this is (Name), then big congrats. You were able to make it through the Main Game without getting voted out! Hurray! You're getting closer and closer to finally seeing me. Let us have a long talk when we finally see each other okay? You've got one more Sub Game and Main Game to make it through. Best of luck!!!

-your lovely brother, Sou Hiyori

I hated him. And I was still for some reason a little eager to see him.

I shifted in my bed. If only Melyssa had've lived... I wouldn't be so lonely right now. There was only one other person I could talk to at the moment...

I shot up out of my bed. I wasn't going to get any sleep, so I decided to do something else I'd been wanting to. My legs took me to Shin's room. He said he'd tell me about himself. Maybe I could explain my situation to him too.

I knocked on his door. I waited, only for a second, before the door swung open.

Shin wiped his eyes and gave me a scowl. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

"You and me both," I replied, stepping in his room.

It looked exactly like mine, just inverted. I sat myself in the chair next to Shin's bed.

"I'm not with the organization behind this," I said.

Shin sat in his bed and raised his eyebrows at me.

"Okay.." I muttered, "I am with the organization, but I'm not with the kidnappers."

"I believe you," Shin said.

"Good," I said. "You're gonna tell me why you're using my brother's name now."

Shin let out a sigh then told me everything. He explained that in his First Trial, he found out that the percentages that Sara and Gin found were survival rates. Shin had a 0% chance of surviving the Death Game, so in order to live, he had to "abandon himself."

I studied him. It definitely explained the sudden change of personality.

"Still didn't explain why you used my brother's name.." I snickered.

"Because that wasn't the point.." Shin grumbled.

"Oh yeah." I pulled out the note Sou gave me. "Sou gave me another one."