Chapter 7: Mission before marriage

I walked down the hall in base, hoping that I could sneak into Goose's room but Viper caught me.
"What are you doing? It's half past 1 in the morning"
"Nothing just uhm wanted to check the plane for tomorrows mission!" I said
"I know your getting married with Nick soon, I encourage you to save your virgi-"
"Yeah, no I will! Gotta study for tomorrow though so goodbye!" I said and walked off hastily, that was the best thing I've heard all day I thought, I had to go back to bed but when I see Maverick and Goose next I'm telling them all of that conversation.

The next meeting we had I told them all about it and we laughed at the whole thing,
"Wait until viper finds out Charlie's pregnant" Goose said looking at Maverick
"Oh god" he replied. The meeting more consisted of a new instructor telling us the do's and do nots of the mission, I can't lie I'm pretty sure we already knew half of the stuff that man was saying but we still had to sit there for half an hour. "You are dismissed" he said and we all let out a sigh of relief "that was probably the worst meeting there has ever been" I said to goose
"I know right!" Goose replied"and Maverick has to leave because of the baby, will he even have time for us after?"
"Probably, but will you have time for a volleyball game?" I exclaimed running out of the base, Goose followed hastily. After the game I layed on his lap, the dark  sky was so beautiful I thought, goose kissed my forehead and said "I'm so happy we're getting married, I wouldn't want to marry anyone in the world except you." I looked at him trying to process the sweet words he just said, but before I could reply he kissed my lips, taking the words out of my mouth.

The next day we had to wake up bright and early for the mission, there was a quick pep-talk which basically was describing what we had to do. We got inside of the planes and as my hatch closed I saw Maverick and Goose in the plane beside me, 'hi' I mouthed as they waved back. I watched every plane around me take off so I just followed I knew what I had to do so it was my responsibility to do it. The plane swerved and swirled as we competed for the prize, "shit iceman" I said as he moved in above me, I quickly locked my guns on him and said "ICEMANS DEAD!" that was probably the best moment of the mission.

After I had finished, goose and Maverick were still flying so I realized I had to socialize, the only people finished were me and iceman though so I'll pass on socializing this time. Suddenly, ice man came out of no where and pushed me in the broom cupboard pinning my arms down "you did so well today right? You sure you don't want me instead of Goose?"
"What the hell?! Of course not, atleast goose can actually fly a plane!" I said elbowing his stomach as he released his grip, I ran off not knowing whether I wanted to smack iceman again or cry, but I figured I wouldn't tell Goose or Maverick.