17- Mission Gateway

MISSION GATEWAY:

Note: In this OS, Dhanu is dead, caught by Karan and the academy people. Balli had replaced Karan for some time but was caught. He had admitted the truth and was a major help in catching Dhanu and was hence, turned into an informer. Everyone knows about Balli and Karan-Monami relationship. Also, everyone knows that Balli has a liking to Monami. This is set in last week of November 2022.

I had written in the first week of the Balli track, so there would be no mentions of Charu, Param or Tilli. Also, at that time, Balli was a cheapster, so that character is maintained as opposed to reformed one he became after Karan's death.

---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---

"Faizi, apne network mein baat phila de", Karan said, and Faizi nodded, pulling out his phone. Karan pulled his own out, sending a picture to his own informers.

He clicked his phone shut, glancing at Faizi, and nodding. "Faizi, academy ki security ki responsibility teri. Tighten kar de. Bina khabar ke ek sui bhi andar nahi aani chahiye. Dhanu ke saath jo galti kari thi, wo Palak ke saath nahi honi chahiye."

"Copy that", Faizi said, moving out of the room.

Karan sighed, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to push back the headache he could feel coming. He moved to the desk, sitting down and studying the map of the city. He picked up a pencil, marking sensitive areas that can be used as attack spots.

His phone rang, and he glanced at the caller ID. Balli. Karan accepted the call, leaning back in the chair.

"Bol, Balli", he said.

"Ki gal hai, fauji sahab", he said. "Kudiyan te nazar rakhan bola haiga? Teri chhamak chhalo ne chadh dita ki?"

"Kaam ki baat karega? Kuchh pata hai toh bol, warna mujhe bahut kaam hai."

"Kal dikhi si yeh. Dhabe 'ch. Apne kaale kapde pehne aashiqon ke saath aayi si. Do minute kisi baandar se mili, phir aashiqon ke naal nikal li."

"Kisse milne aayi thi?"

"Inni khabar toh nahi haigi mainu. Baandar bhi pichhe pichhe nikal liya seega."

"Dhabe ka address bhej. Aur kuchh pata hai?"

"Hun tak ta nahi. Pata chalda hai toh seedha phone milaanda haan. Achha, suni."

"Bol."

"Teri kudi. Photo bhej de. Ik? Bas ik?"

Karan cut the call, rolling his eyes. A knock made him look up and he folded the map, covering it. Monami walked in. Her arms slid over to his chest, hugging him from behind, and he pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Hi", she muttered. "Busy ho?"

"Thoda kaam hai", he muttered back. She looked at him, tilting her head. "Nahi bata sakta."

"Okay", she said. She kissed his cheek. "Tum kaam kar lo. Jab free hoge, toh message karna."

He nodded, sighing as he turned back to the map.

---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---

Karan glanced at the rough sketch of the man Palak had come to meet, before eyeing the photos of her known associates.

"Yeh toh kisi se nahi mil rahi", Sid said, looking up from his laptop. "Thoda bahut morph karke bhi dekh liya. Phir bhi nahi."

Two weeks later, and Karan had let his entire team of seven cadets in on the mission with the other three trainers. Their intelligence had reported movement of a terrorist group, warning that they might be planning something big.