11.1- Yaadein: Tujhe Bhula Diya

YAADEIN (PART 1):

TUJHE BHULA DIYA:

"It's a serious head injury", the doctor said. "Repercussions could be anything. Unke uthne se pehle hum kuch nahi keh sakte hain."

"Par wo... wo uthegi, right?" Karan asked.

"Unke brain mein activity toh hai, toh we're hopeful ki wo itna damage nahi hua hai", he continued. "Jitni jaldi hosh aa jaaye, utna better hai. It'll be the best agar unko agle 6 ghante mein hosh aa gaya."

"Main... main mil sakta hoon?"

"Ji, zaroor." He pointed to the room, and Karan dashed to it, entering the room. Her left arm was in a cast, and there were various cuts on her face. A bandage was covering most of her head, and he felt the knife in his heart twist.

'Monami!' He yelled, the tires of the car squealing. A thud as the car rammed into the tree, but he barely cared.

He raced to his girlfriend, cradling her gently as crowd gathered around her. Blood leaked from her head like a broken pipe leaking water, and he kept his hand on it, gently pressing down to it to stop the bleeding.

Her eyes stared up at him, her breathing hitched. "Karan..." Her eyes slid close.

He sat down next to her on the stool, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Please. Jaldi se theek ho jao", he muttered. "Please. I love you."

---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---

The devices were going crazy and Karan's heartbeat had shot up, matching the frantic rate of the monitor. She was... awake. But she was panicking. Confused. They won't let him near. It was dangerous, they had said.

Shouts. Orders. An injection. And then, her heart rate dropped down. Slowly. His didn't. He was still staring at his girlfriend, his heart pounding in his ears and his gaze unblinking.

She was awake. The doctors kept him back, asking him politely to be patient, and then, talking gently to Monami. She wasn't speaking. She stared at them. Wide eyed. Confused. Her eyes roamed the room, skipping right over him. She didn't see him there, perhaps, he reasoned, just watching silently.

"Sir", a nurse said. "Hume kuch check up karne hain. Aap please bahar jaaiye."

He looked at his confused girlfriend, and he almost protested. He didn't want to leave her. She was scared, he could tell. She was confused. How could he leave her?

"Sister... main reh nahi sakta, please?" He said. "Main beech mein nahi aaonga."

"Nahi. Sorry. Par jaise hi aap aa sakte hain, main aapko bula loongi", she said, patting his arm sympathetically. "Aap please bahar wait kijiye."

He nodded, casting a look to Monami before walking out of the room. Her health was the priority. If this was the best, then so be it.

He fell into a chair, sighing tiredly. His bones seemed to hurt. A hand on his shoulder made him look up and he saw his friends there.

"Karan, kya hua andar?" Faizi asked.

"Use hosh aa gaya hai", he answered. "Par she was... panicking, confused, pata nahi. Doctors use check up kar rahe hain."

His eyes slid to Sid. Sanju had an arm around him in comfort, his eyes bright red with all the tears he had shed. He didn't doubt his looked the same. They were aching and sore.

"Excuse me?" A voice said almost 20 minutes later. They looked up. "Aap log sab andar aa sakte hain?"

"Sure", Faizi said, casting a confused look to the others. It was a strange request.