11

Growls, scratching, and feet stomping throughout the house. That was all I could here. My body was numb and my head ached. I haven't slept. I merely walked through the backyard for the past week. Issac was furious, everyone knew. He has been on edge. Him and Kyle were constantly snapping at each other. Issac had that whole "scary Alpha, dominant threat" thing going on.

The pack was starting to weaken, they had all been informed that their Luna has been threatened. My attitude change has been summed up to anxiety,  and well... fear.

I'm not afraid, I'm protective. As the hours droned on I knew I wouldn't last much longer. Guilt has begun to nip at my insides. My wolf has continuously whimpered, my mind fuzzy as could be.

Guards were watching me, believing that I wasn't aware of their presence. A growl tore from my throat as a chill warped through my body. 

I missed Issac. His constant anger and worry has led to his possessive edge.  I walked back inside into Issac's office. He has been drowning himself in paperwork and called for allies for battle. He knew I was there, of course he knew. He didn't say anything, he looked up for a millisecond before continuing with his work.

His eyes were dark from lack of sleep, his hair wilting with oils, his stench alone was enough to make the strongest stomach puke. On his desk sat a letter, the letter that stole the happily ever after with my mate. I sat in the corner of the room, in an old worn leather chair, with a book I had taken from Issac's library.

I watched Issac for awhile before beginning my book, The Smoking Gun. It was a book about a court case. My mind followed each fact searching for loopholes even in the first few chapters. One thing seemed constant, unethical tactics. Hm... In my mind it seemed like I was on trial. The evidence of my past looming over my head. The prosecutor waiting to jump on anything that may lead to my loss of freedom. But, what freedom do I have?

I had lost all of my freedom to myself, to my worries, and especially to fear. Truth was, I am afraid. I'm terrified to lose what has already become so close to my heart.

But, then what am I doing? I'm pushing away all that creates joy in my world. I put the book down and walk over to Issac. Reality slapping me in the face. I move over to him. He has no reaction. I sit in his lap and take the papers out of his hands. He looks at me with so many emotions, confusion, passion, desire, suspicion, longing, pain, and... love.

I kiss him. My lips move with his, our pain running through each other along with our joy of finally being with each other again. Our lips move so fervently, heat swarms around us. I pull back.

"I've missed you." It wasn't me who said it. Issac spoke with such loss it made my heart yearn. Warmth still tingles across my body. There is no trace of cold left. Funny,  the person we become cold to protect, is the one who protects us from our cold selves.

"I've missed you too." My voice is so raw with emotion, it is painful to speak.

"We must prepare. You can't be taken from me!  Not now. Not ever!" His voice quivered with dedication and truth,  it made me smile.

" How about you shower and then we'll just sleep. One night won't hurt. You need a break, we both do! "

It was true,  he needed a break from stress, and I needed a break from the past. Reality can kiss my butt!

A/N: I finally UPDATED!!!! You all should be so proud, I was so tempted to delete this book but, ta-da! This chapter popped up!

*Comment*Vote*Fan*

AND DON'T HATE! APRECIATE! ( I totally spelt that wrong... :P)