°•Chapter 9•Bonding Time•°

(Saiki x Kuboyasu x Kaidou won! I hope you all enjoy! I am also using Thatdollartreegamer 's idea, and I will be using everyone's ideas in future chapters. Happy Pride Month!)

TW: Overthinking and Meltdown

°•Saiki's POV•°

I was in class and everyone was doing their normal thing, being loud. It somehow doesn't really bother me as much as it did, but it was still a bit hard to focus on my own thoughts. But I was actually trying to focus on two other people's thoughts.

Kaidou and Kuboyasu haven't been able to hangout lately. They've been busy for almost two weeks now. And while the others are talking to me, they're talking by themselves in the back of the class. And they're being really vague with their thoughts. They aren't even thinking enough for me to know what they're talking about, only one word responses or really short non-helpful sentences.

I don't know why I care so much about not talking to them, I guess I just kinda miss them being around. It gets kinda lonely watching cartoons and coloring alone. I wonder if they're actually just busy or if they're trying to avoid me.

Don't get me wrong, that's what I want everyone to do. But the thought of Aren and Shun avoiding me gives me a weird, abnormal sharp pain in my chest. Like I don't want them to go away or leave me. Which sounds weird to me. For all of my life, all I've wanted was for people to leave me alone, but I want them to stay. They have made me the happiest, little or not, they can never fail to put a smile on my face.

I don't know how to explain it, but I honestly hope that they're actually just busy. I'm pretty sure they are. They aren't the type to do that to someone. Well, Aren could, he is an ex-delinquent after all. And he could have convinced Shun to go along with him. What if they actually are just avoiding me?

I probably weirded them out. What am I thinking? Weird THEM out? Besides, even when I asked them and the others to go away, they never did. Why would they avoid me now? My thinking can be ludicrous sometimes.

I then get snapped out of my thoughts from Teruhashi approaching me. I mentally sigh.

"Hey there Saiki! I was wondering if you'd want to hangout this Saturday?" She asks with her 'perfect pretty girl's attitude.
'No thanks. I'll pass.' I respond.
"Huh!? Why not!? Is it because you would rather be hanging out with those two idiots!?" Teruhashi surprisingly breaks character, pointing at Shun and Aren.
'Yes.' I glare at her.
"Why!? They haven't even been talking to you since last week! They're probably just avoiding you and you know it!" She crosses her arms like a child throwing a tantrum.

What she said made my thoughts race again. Are they really avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Is she right? They're not saying anything and she was talking very loud.  Are they actually avoiding me? What did I do wrong?

Without thinking I stand up and slowly walk out of the class room, I head to the Men's restroom and I sit in the farthest corner. Thankfully no one was in there. My thoughts kept racing, and I kept hoping that they weren't actually avoiding me. I unknowingly grip my hair and pull it. I let several years fall as the sharp pain in my chest is constant as I think about Shun and Aren avoiding me.

As my thoughts multiply, my head starts to feel fuzzy, signalling me that I'm slipping into little space. I cry even more as my younger state of mind can't handle the thought of losing my caregivers.

After what seemed like hours, Shun and Aren finally find me and rush to my side.

"Hey buddy! It's okay, we're here, we're here now and nothing's here to hurt you." Aren says with his extra soft voice.
"It's gonna be okay, little one. We're here now." Shun says.

I reach my hands out and make grabby hands. They understand and they pull me into a hug. I squeeze them as I continue to cry. Aren strokes my hair and Shun says somethings to calm me down. They hold me tight.

I soon calm down to the point I'm not sobbing.

"You think you can tell us what happened?" Shun asks.
I nod. 'Blue lady said you guys were avoiding me and she was being very mean...' I explain.
"Aw, baby, we weren't avoiding you, we had to focus on our studies for a bit and see were talking about taking you out on our day off!" Aren said reassuringly.
"Yeah! We want to take you to Build-A-Bear and a café!" Shun adds.

I light up at that. I've always wanted to go to Build-A-Bear!

"I see someone's excited." Shun points out.

I giggle and squeeze them for a second.

"Oh wait a minute! I have something for when stuff like this happens." Shun reaches into his bag and grabs out a paci.

It's a new one to me. It's pink and has a picture of coffee jelly on the button. On the ring, there's letter beads that spell out "Sweet One" with a star in between the words. I instantly love it.

Shun then takes the plastic off the rubber part and hands me it. I then immediately put it in my mouth.

'F-fankss yu! (Thank you)' I say.
"You're welcome, little Ku." Shun ruffles my hair, careful with my antennas.
"Such a good boy for using his manners, have this small treat." Aren hands me a peice of chocolate.
'Fanks yu!' I smile through my paci.
"You're welcome, buddy." They both smile at me and we end up talking for a few more minutes until the bell rang.

Aren checked his watch and it was actually the end of the day. Aren decided that it would be best if we waited until everyone left. Once the coast was clear, Aren picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride to the classroom. He sets me down and I quickly take out my paci. I shove it in my pocket so no one can see it.

I go inside the classroom and grab my stuff. Shun and Aren already had their stuff so we were ready to go as I returned to them. We walked together out of the school. They were talking and I just responded sometimes.

Once we were out of view from anyone, they grabbed my hands. I smile greatly.

"Hey bud, how old are you feeling?" Shun asks.

I think about it for a moment then hold up four fingers.

"Awwwwww, okay then, wanna have some dino nuggies when we get home?" Shun asks.

I nod excitedly.

"I'll cook them while you guys watch some cartoons." Aren says.
"Yeah, we can watch some Tonosaman!" Shun suggests.

I nod excitedly, eager to get home.

(Sorry for it being very late -Procrastinator the Author)