19

The break was over and we were back in school. I was glad actually; I was happy that I was going to get to see Fareedah and spend time with her. it was the first week of resumption, so classes weren't consistent. Some lecturers came to class, while some were still on their short break. The school premises were also empty and scanty, but Inoma and I couldn't spend one more day at home, or insanity was the next option. Hearing your own name being consistently called, should be one of the causes of insanity.

I had a wide grin on as I stared at Fareedah's number. "Abeg, call her if you want to and stop killing me with this your happy look," Inoma said, her legs up and pushing against the bed above her. The room was still empty and Inoma and I were the only people who had resumed, that showed how much we really wanted to run from home.

"But what would happen to you?" I asked her, worrying. "You'd be alone and that would only just be selfish of me to do," I told her, looking at her like in a wait for an immediate reply or quick help. 

She didn't reply at first, simply staring straight. But, it didn't last long before she said, "How about I call Christopher? He should be in school now, right?" She sat upright, a wide smile on her face.

I didn't know why, but that made me really happy. "Really?" I asked her with a huge smile, beaming. 

Inoma looked at we, her smile still as wide as ever. "Why do you look happier than me?"

I chuckled, then replied, "Happier than you? Like I could ever."

Inoma chuckled as she picked up her phone and began to text Christopher, I supposed. With that, I also picked my phone to text Fareedah. 

Me

I've returned back to school, can I come over?

It didn't take long for a reply to drop in, felt like she was waiting by her phone for my text. But then again, maybe she was with her phone and mistakenly quickly clicked on my text, I tried not to read too much meaning into it.

Fareedah

If you want to.

I frowned a bit, not so sure about her reply. Those her quick response, her reply felt dismissive. 

"Christopher asked of you, I told him you have gone to see Fareedah," Inoma had said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Is that okay?" she asked with a wide smile, causing me to quickly shift my mood so she didn't ask what was wrong.

"Of course, that is fine." I smiled warmly. 

She jumped off her bed as she began to change her outfit, making me do same. "See you in the night, okay?" Inoma said to me, "I honestly don't want to sleep here alone, okay?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I promise, I'd try not to get carried away."

Inoma laughed as she looked at me, soon saying, "Are you sure you people have not..." she didn't finish hers sentence before she formed her right hand into a fist, using her left palm to slap at it. "Ehn?"

I chuckled, before I replied, "If I catch you ehn."

Inoma laughed as she walked to me, grabbing my hands so we could head out together. "It's a harmless question," she said with a shrug, while I locked the room door. 

"Harmless ko, harmless ni," I had replied her, shifting the conversation so we don't talk about it in such a public space. 

We talked about classes, lectures and anything else. When we got to the new hall gate, we split up, waving each other bye. 

Even though school had resumed, it was still a tad scanty, but I knew it wasn't going to be long before it was filled up. Maybe by the next night, it would be full again. A lot of people revolved their lives around the people they met at school and the school environment, which led them to consistently wanting to be at school environment. Honestly, it was fun. Fun to hang around school. I have taken several strolls with Inoma and Christopher on different nights, and it is almost one of the best feelings. Simply walking, talking, laughing and making memories. And I think that is my main favourite thing about staying in school hostel.